• April 26, 2024, 03:15:02 PM

Author Topic: Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3047 times)

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
  • Never let someone else tell you who you are.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 15, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
CDT

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
superivor of a cub scout pack, supervisor at perkins.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
i would like to keep the server a friendly place and to make sure that if people are feelign that an idividual is breaking the rules that it can be dealth with appropriately, i would also like the position so I could keep the community and server safe and player oriented.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
6-8 hours a day

B. On the forums?
2-3

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
i have been playing on the group servers for a little over 2 months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198289893124

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
when i was at perkins i got highly annoyed with one of my employees and i wanted to yell at them but instead i thougth of the consequences of what would happen if i did that. so i took a breather rationaly thought about the best way to approach it and went from there in a calm manner.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
i consider my strengths to be that i am a rational thinker, patient, fair, kind, emotionaly incheck, i try to make situations as fun as possible. and i like to be a leader.

my weakness is that i sometimes tend to be shy

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i would give them a warning to not make racist comments. if they continue i will have them muted/ or gagged.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
i would wait and listen to what kinds of remarks are made. if none are racist, or condoning any type of harm to oneself i will wait. if they are indeed offensive i will give a warning first than either gag/or mute if it continues.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i would ask them nicely not to mic spam. if they continue i will mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i would talk to the admin or go an admin with more authority.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i would spectate the user to see if they are. if i can confirm it i will kick or ban them from the server.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i will tell the other players where to find the rules for the server adn tell the regular to please not tell people rules that do not exsist.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i will ignore it. it happens in the game. it is nothing to get upset about or do anythign drastic about.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i will give them a warning and if the do not stop i will gag/mute them. or if the comments are bad enough kick them from the server.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i will the player that this is not allowed and to stop advertising this. if they do not i will gag/mute them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
i will tell them that it is ok. it happens in the perk you will respawn and continue playing. to take a breather and relax and have fun.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
i would really like to become an admin. the position sounds rewarding and provides some good experience.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:29:57 PM by Mind*Freak »
MIND*FREAK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 01:34:50 PM »
You're about 100 hours below the requirement for total hours in Team Fortress 2.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheScoutCreed/
Quote from: Mind*Freak's Steam Profile
Team Fortress 2:
880 hrs on record

(P.S: I would suggest for next time: Please fix the punctuation. Add more details, even. It would increase your chance of acceptance.)

Application denied. You may re-apply once you have met this requirement.