• April 27, 2024, 05:19:36 PM

Author Topic: Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses - My Retriment and Our Legacy  (Read 8245 times)

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses - My Retriment and Our Legacy
« on: July 21, 2016, 05:28:09 PM »
Greetings and warmest good-byes! My name is Freeze; I'm also known as Peter Capaldi's Sungalsses and I enjoyed playing on server #08. I also held various silly aliases. :D

So here we are. At the end of my road. I've certainly been holding in for quite some time. I've finally decided and I've finally gotten it out. This is it.

I'm retiring from video games and, more importantly, I'm retiring from Team Fortress 2 and SwapShop.

Ya, it's happening. I've finally pushed myself to steer away from such an amazing game and community. It takes a lot to say no to something I've been so passionate about. I honestly would never have even believed that I would take the initiative and the mindset to leave. How did this turn of events come to be?

Welp, it starts with just nine days. Ya, who would have thought? Nine days. I recently attended a camp called GenCyber at South Dakota, Madison. This camp's focus is peaking interest in grades K-12 to pursue a career in programming, network administration, and cyber security. In a nutshell, computer sciencey stuff. Basically, it's super effective and after nine days I know that I've fond what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Sometimes you never really find out what you're good at unless you have an idea and then take a plunge into the ocean. Then you climb out and notice just how much fun it was and how much happier you would be if you just kept leaping. In short, my goal is to pursue this career and to try new things. This means I have to drop the things I found fun- essentially video games.

It's funny since I've always deemed professional TF2 to be a potential source of income; but the truth is the game's development is too slow for me to consider professional TF2 and, in addition, I know I'm not the best TF2 player in the galaxy let alone a candidate of any sort.

I honestly know I would be happier pursuing this rather than playing video games and potentially leaving myself unemployed for however many years it may take for me to grab a substantial Twitch, Youtube, or professional following. Truly, I've been unhappy with gaming every single waking hour and playing 'till I find some mysterious and spontaneous inner calling to what I want to do for my life and with my life.

Does this mean I'm going to completely stop playing video games? Most likely. Is it going to sting? Of course it will. There are too many games I have enjoyed and too many people I have met to just leave them without saying something. This leads me to 08C.

08C was a bit of a bust. I really wanted people to do things independently and I really wanted the team to kick off, however, many of the people weren't there and most who were decided to kind of break off from the group once competitive matchmaking kicked off. The Discord server and everything still means a lot to me. That's why I'm going to schedule events for 08C but not necessarily participate in them. I want those who are still technically within 08C to use it as a platform to communicate and compete

I may play some TF2 here and there but for the most part I will probably focus my attention to platforms like Unitale and other programming outlets. Enough about me. Let's talk about us.

Let's talk about the legacy. It's not just my legacy, it's our legacy; it's our story- together; it's our cry out to the world; it's our "Hello World!" I leave my own legacy in my "Phoon tribute" ten month video project: Too Much for Towers. But know that the video is more to me than just that. It's a reminder of the legacy that we forged from 08. From the laughs...

To the, "why in the world did you make that!?"

To the dream...

To the friends...

To the forums...

To the game...

I love SwapShop and the community! Have a "fantastic rest of your day, everybody!" [Seventeen] "Twas fun!" [PanMan and Sixteen] "Fuzzy Pickles!" [IKR] Welp. I think I've said enough. I'm gonna bounce; have a good one! ;)
~

Offline Jupiter_ | ғғѕ

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses - My Retriment and Our Legacy
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 07:34:03 PM »
My favorite Pootis is the Capootis. Pooter Capootis Senglusses is the best mann around town, he trimps and he flies around the towers like a Scottish pootis bird flying in the orange horizon of #08. Hacker or not he is the best demoman to trimp into TF2ss.

This child is growing up to be the programmer and i await for this youngster to become a great game designer or what ever this man will be in the near future. This man had a choice to either stay unemployed and play games and hopefully the arms of the YouTube community will take him in or to have a real job to pursue his dream to be what ever he wants. That camp was his choice to go and spark his working career to make his goal to be a reality. If this young man has succeeded in the art of programming and made a game I'm sure i will buy it and play it!

I will miss this son of a gun as long as i remember him and his long lasting legacy on #08. In my regards to your departure,Peter, from the gaming community and the TF2 community I hope you be happy as I am or any of your friends as you work or start your journey on your career. Enjoy your career while it lasts and make sure you stop by on discord at anytime when your free.

-Your Hyperactive Asian Gamer, Jupiter_

I'm a Planet

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 09:56:03 PM »
My favorite Pootis is the Capootis. Pooter Capootis Senglusses is the best mann around town, he trimps and he flies around the towers like a Scottish pootis bird flying in the orange horizon of #08. Hacker or not he is the best demoman to trimp into TF2ss.

This child is growing up to be the programmer and i await for this youngster to become a great game designer or what ever this man will be in the near future. This man had a choice to either stay unemployed and play games and hopefully the arms of the YouTube community will take him in or to have a real job to pursue his dream to be what ever he wants. That camp was his choice to go and spark his working career to make his goal to be a reality. If this young man has succeeded in the art of programming and made a game I'm sure i will buy it and play it!

I will miss this son of a gun as long as i remember him and his long lasting legacy on #08. In my regards to your departure,Peter, from the gaming community and the TF2 community I hope you be happy as I am or any of your friends as you work or start your journey on your career. Enjoy your career while it lasts and make sure you stop by on discord at anytime when your free.

-Your Hyperactive Asian Gamer, Jupiter_
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
~

Offline Kermit the Frog

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 10:06:53 PM »
Here, take an extra !airhorn for the road. BWWWAAA

-Teeds/TDK

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 10:08:29 PM »
Here, take an extra !airhorn for the road. BWWWAAA
Them stopes and airhorns. Don't forget them ELEVENTEEN spams. :P
~

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 11:46:07 PM »
Love ya, Peter. (No homo, of course.)

Continue doing what you do best, and I wish you luck in your future endeavours.

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 09:35:06 AM »
Love ya, Peter. (No homo, of course.)

Continue doing what you do best, and I wish you luck in your future endeavours.
Thanks! I'll still be able to chat often on Discord. Drop on by! Seriously though, I think someone was in pending while I was at the movies. :P
~

Offline I Know Right!

• Forum Visitor
  • :P
    • Tip of the Hats
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 07:15:24 PM »
Hye!

Shit I'm late to the reply party. ;-; But anyways, as Freeze said before 08C was a bust, but it made us find the bap kid, and others. It also allowed people to be more competitive and allow to be better at the game. Most importantly it allowed people from the same server, who played the same server almost every single day, to communicate directly with mics and have fun. Freeze my man, if you need any help or something from me. I think you know where I'll be. (Singing songs) Yeah in a nutshell, good luck with that and maybe in a alternate universe, we will achieve our  dreams. Me getting banned from Sixteen and you getting unlimited god mode. I'm going to continue talking about 08 because I can and will do.
From the days of TheWhiteFace to Freeze #GottamMan, then to other aliases then to finally Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses. Man where do I start with you. First off, go fuck yourself, and second I wish you best of luck with your acadeemics. I have this really stupid story. This one time, TheWhiteFace. The end.

~Fuzzy pickles!
Fuzzy pickles!

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »
Hye!

Shit I'm late to the reply party. ;-; But anyways, as Freeze said before 08C was a bust, but it made us find the bap kid, and others. It also allowed people to be more competitive and allow to be better at the game. Most importantly it allowed people from the same server, who played the same server almost every single day, to communicate directly with mics and have fun. Freeze my man, if you need any help or something from me. I think you know where I'll be. (Singing songs) Yeah in a nutshell, good luck with that and maybe in a alternate universe, we will achieve our  dreams. Me getting banned from Sixteen and you getting unlimited god mode. I'm going to continue talking about 08 because I can and will do.
From the days of TheWhiteFace to Freeze #GottamMan, then to other aliases then to finally Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses. Man where do I start with you. First off, go fuck yourself, and second I wish you best of luck with your acadeemics. I have this really stupid story. This one time, TheWhiteFace. The end.

~Fuzzy pickles!
Lol. Will do. :P
~

Offline Blaze™

• Forum Visitor
  • The guy that made PanMan
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 07:32:06 PM »
Where to start...

First off, you've pissed off a lot of people because of your crazed Demoknighting, you motivated me to
become slightly competitive than what I used to be in the past, one I could call a good friend and a
worthy rival. I noticed how many people claimed that you "hacked" but instead couldn't top what you have
done within the past year. Believe me when I say this, I respect you as a Gamer and a Friend, and while
I've slowly taken some time off from the TF2SS Servers, I still love being there.

I probably will leave gaming for good, or when a better time comes when I start living in a new chapter
in my life, but deep down: Sixteen, IKR, PaRaDoX, Kricka, Gamergeek and you are the closest friends
I've known in the TF2SS for quite some time.

I wish you the best in your future endeavors and with your education, it's a long way but I know you'll
pull through!
The PanMan, at your service! -PanMan

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:43 PM »
Where to start...

First off, you've pissed off a lot of people because of your crazed Demoknighting, you motivated me to
become slightly competitive than what I used to be in the past, one I could call a good friend and a
worthy rival. I noticed how many people claimed that you "hacked" but instead couldn't top what you have
done within the past year. Believe me when I say this, I respect you as a Gamer and a Friend, and while
I've slowly taken some time off from the TF2SS Servers, I still love being there.

I probably will leave gaming for good, or when a better time comes when I start living in a new chapter
in my life, but deep down: Sixteen, IKR, PaRaDoX, Kricka, Gamergeek and you are the closest friends
I've known in the TF2SS for quite some time.

I wish you the best in your future endeavors and with your education, it's a long way but I know you'll
pull through!
Oh, yes! I did indeed bring some game and competition to 08. It's who I am; most times I can't help but try as hard as possible and give it my all. I'm glad I was able to bring the people of 08 to strive and attain a higher skill level. I tried to be 08's "Doctor." Hopefully SwapShop does get better and grow! :D I love you, man. You inspired me when I started playing on the server. :) I hope the best for everyone here at SwapShop.

It's funny since now that I'm pursuing cyber security I'm going to be hacking to find exploits and solutions to those who need online protection. ;) I've realized that's what I want to do. However, I also realized how much work it'll take. For me, work is fun but it's only fun if it's smart work. So I've realized that I have to work hard to make it smart. Hard work can beat smart when smart doesn't work hard. I really appreciate all of the encouragement, the kind words, and the criticism. Keep being awesome. ;)

Now let's go make some lemonade.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:06:22 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline I Know Right!

• Forum Visitor
  • :P
    • Tip of the Hats
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 01:48:38 AM »
Can you hack Sixteen's account then, give me a perma ban?

~Fuzzy pickles!
Fuzzy pickles!

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 08:38:26 AM »
Can you hack Sixteen's account then, give me a perma ban?

~Fuzzy pickles!
Don't count on it. :P
~

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 03:54:15 PM »
Peter Capaldi is one of the very... very few people I can remember from nearly my beginning. I don't mean to make that out that I do not remember things, more so that people who play on this server usually remain for 6 months at most and then head out. I have met hundreds, if not thousands, of players throughout my time at SwapShop and way back one, Peter was one of the first, or at least that I remember. Back then, he was known as TheWhiteFace, and he was annoying. Then, as time went by, he met someone even more annoying, most notably known as I Know Right! And ever since then, I would like to think that we have been great friends. 3 very annoying and rage inducing people destroying any and everything on Orange Towers #08.

Peter Capaldi, we have been through a lot, no doubt. From !credots to Hestia to (oh my god I hate it but okay) Eleventeen. A while back I suggested we set up a joke competitive team in which we would have 9 people go again 9 people from server #15/ But you took that idea and brought it to the big leagues. You created the TF2SS #08 Competitive Team. Maybe the team didn't work out as well as it could of, but just even having that subcommunity within SwapShop is all I need. Shout out to you fantastic people for making the boring times fun: Peter Capaldi (you of course), I Know right!, Blaze #PanMan, Seventeen, Gamegeek, PaRaDoX, bap, Ranger, Medv, McNuggz, KrickaGaming (he's an oldie too), Quarniper, and probs others.

This is a shame to have end, but I will be hopeful that this in fact is not the end and even more so I hope to see you later. Keep it real, my friend, and if there is anything you ever need, I will be there ready to help.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 08:58:05 AM »
Peter Capaldi is one of the very... very few people I can remember from nearly my beginning. I don't mean to make that out that I do not remember things, more so that people who play on this server usually remain for 6 months at most and then head out. I have met hundreds, if not thousands, of players throughout my time at SwapShop and way back one, Peter was one of the first, or at least that I remember. Back then, he was known as TheWhiteFace, and he was annoying. Then, as time went by, he met someone even more annoying, most notably known as I Know Right! And ever since then, I would like to think that we have been great friends. 3 very annoying and rage inducing people destroying any and everything on Orange Towers #08.

Peter Capaldi, we have been through a lot, no doubt. From !credots to Hestia to (oh my god I hate it but okay) Eleventeen. A while back I suggested we set up a joke competitive team in which we would have 9 people go again 9 people from server #15/ But you took that idea and brought it to the big leagues. You created the TF2SS #08 Competitive Team. Maybe the team didn't work out as well as it could of, but just even having that subcommunity within SwapShop is all I need. Shout out to you fantastic people for making the boring times fun: Peter Capaldi (you of course), I Know right!, Blaze #PanMan, Seventeen, Gamegeek, PaRaDoX, bap, Ranger, Medv, McNuggz, KrickaGaming (he's an oldie too), Quarniper, and probs others.

This is a shame to have end, but I will be hopeful that this in fact is not the end and even more so I hope to see you later. Keep it real, my friend, and if there is anything you ever need, I will be there ready to help.

~16
Thanks! Hope to see you on 08C.
~