• April 29, 2024, 06:39:36 AM

Author Topic: Skips - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Skips

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Skips - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 25, 2016, 06:43:21 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time ZOne

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I administrate on Garry's mod servers, I was a previous owner of a TF2 trade server by the name of Crystal Clear Gaming.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to become an admin for this community due to my time here as well as the overall growth from playing tf2 on these particular servers, plus aside from goals I have noticed the main server I play in has a distinct lack of admins from time-to-time and I would like to fill that spot.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Tuesday-Friday (School Schedule)

B. On the forums?
Almost everyday (Unless I am unable to reach an internet connection.)

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Approximately 1 year and a half.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198128577737

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not have any.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
A group of mingey (people that do not wish to follow the rules) players had joined my server whilst working on adding plugins, they would not stop harassing other players after repeated times of being warned, I had kicked out all the none mingey players so I would do a server-wide ban. I had lost my temper and it was uncalled for to kick all the good players even to stop a situation like this.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths:
-Kind
-Respectful
-Likes to play for the fun of the game

Weaknesses:
-Short(ish) fuse
-Can lose my shit

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 6

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would immediately mute or gag (depending on which form of communication they are using) Give them one warning and one warning only. If they quit and rejoin just to continue with the racist comments I would ban them with the consent of the players' vote for a certain period of time.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would warn them to stop, if they refuse I would kick them. If they were to come back and continue with the remarks I would give them one more warning for timed ban.

But, if the players do NOT find it offensive as well as myself I would assume it to be a null comment, and ignore it.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn, if they do not stop after a time period of about 20 seconds after the warn, they would get gagged.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report it to the highest ranking staff as well as try and suppress the current admin's abuse/use of abilities until a higher staff can be reached.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would message back with: "Thank you for your report, I will hop into the server as soon as possible, if I am not able to enter the server I will notify other staff members in hope of getting them to connect."

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would, first, politely tell the user to not threaten other players with abilities they do not have. If they continue to impersonate a higher up I would then kick them for staff impersonation.

I do not believe that something as small as that would need to be punished by something as large as a ban. But if they were to scam the player into handing over their items or get banned, I would immediately ban the threatening player and be sure to tell the user being scammed to exit the trade and not send ANY items to the banned user.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would not do anything, sure I may rage quit, but nothing massive, its merely a game thing. No punishment is needed for something as small as that.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would first, warn them firmly to stop with the excessive mic spam as well as chat spam, I would give them 10 seconds to comply or I would mute as well as gag them. Rejoining to continue these actions would result in a timely ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell all players in the game that it is a scam as well as warn as well as kick the player for attempted scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would say, it is a perk of the game. They had paid shop credits as well as you did, I cannot help that.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel very good. I've been with this community for over a year now and I enjoy every bit of it. (Not trying to suck up)
I have tried to associate myself with other staff in the server as well to keep a friendly images is all.

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Skips - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »
You need 1000 hours to apply.
counter sally strike go

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 08:21:40 AM »
517 hrs on record
last played on 25 Jul

You must have at least 1,000 total hours on Team Fortress 2.*
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198128577737
Quote from: Skips's Steam Profile
Team Fortress 2:
518 hrs on record

You need at least 1000 hours to apply for Staff.

Application denied. You may re-apply once you have met this requirement.