• April 28, 2024, 02:31:57 AM

Author Topic: Meepersz - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6939 times)

Offline Meepersz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Meepersz - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 03, 2016, 12:11:02 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been admin in many games on the Source engine. I have been admin on 2 vanilla TF2 servers, admin on a DarkRP Garry's Mod server, and staff on many Runescape Private Servers.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To better the community. Everyday on the server I play on, there are many people who are there abusing the rules. As I have seen, there are rarely any staff who are actively playing on the server I play on.I love the SS servers, and I love the community and love seeing all the returning friendly faces of the servers I play on.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I play many hours a day, everyday on the servers. Most of my time on TF2 is on these servers and Surf.

B. On the forums?
I will be very active as the forums, as I see the forums as a place that helps grow and better the community.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
For about 3-4 months now.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198057185117%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
On the server, sometimes I get fairly perturbed with some people, and I start to argue, but then I realize that it's a waste of time to get mad and be upset, so I either just leave the server, take a breather and come back, or just ignore/mute the person.

If we're talking about a situation off of the internet, then it would have to be the day of my step-father's funeral. My mother and my step-father's ex-wife had a clashing at the funeral, and I almost lost my temper and made a giant scene infront of the whole crowd, but instead I just stepped outside for a minute, took a breather and went back in.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am a very friendly, welcoming guy. I like to joke around a make everyone laugh. I enjoy seeing happy players. My weaknesses would be that at times, I do lose my temper, but that is very rarely.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would first kindly ask them to stop. If continued, I would give them a gag/mute. If this continues even after, I would give them a day ban, to see if they can cool off. If they still come back and continue this, I would perma-ban them. Racism is not tolerated at all on the servers.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask the group of people to just mute him. That's why the button is there. I would also tell the other player that his remarks are offending them, and kindly ask him to stop.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
First I would tell them that micspamming is against the rules and that they need to stop. If continued, I would give them a 30 minute or an hour mute. If proceeded further, I would give them a permanent mute. Micspamming is not only annoying to players on the server, it's also against the rules.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would first tell the admin that this is severely breaking the rules, and that I would strongly suggest that he stops. If it continues, I would immediately tell a higher power that this is going on.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would first confront said hacker, observe the situation for myself, ask other players besides the reporter to see if they say similar things, and if the report was true, I would first warn him and tell him that we have a zero-tolerance policy for hacking. If he continued, then I would ban him.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the accuser to stop immediately, as posing as staff is against the rules. I would also tell the other player that these rules are completely fake. If they continued with these actions, I would first give them a temporary gag/mute, and if continued after the gag/mute, I would give them a temporary ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Either I would just remind myself that it is just a game, and there is nothing to get seriously upset about, or if I got frustrated and this happened, I would do what I said for my answer Question 11. I would just leave the server, and come back later.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them to stop, if proceeded I would mute and gag them for a period of time, and if proceeded further, I would ban them. The servers are a place for everyone to enjoy themselves, not to listen to people curse and scream at them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell everyone that this is not possible, and tell the player that he needs to stop immediately. This is both scamming and posing as staff, which are both against the rules. If this rulebreaking continued, I would first gag/mute them. If proceeded after the gag/mute is up, I would permanently gag/mute them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That it was bought from the store, and that it wont last forever. If it frustrates you too much, just leave the server or change teams. They could also buy the perk for themselves if they had enough credits.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I really hope that I can get this position, because I want to better the servers. I see that this is a position that is carefully picked. I want to make the servers an ever better place than they already are. Thanks for taking time to read my application. :D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:22:38 PM by Meepersz »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Meepersz - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 02:20:00 PM »
What was the vac banned for?
counter sally strike go

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:44:21 PM »
I got a few questions to ask you about your app..
1.) Are any of the servers that you used to administrate still up and active? If so, please provide some form of a link to them.

2.) Why do you mark yourself as a 3 in objective?

3.) What exactly happens when you lose your temper? Do you become enraged and start yelling at people? To what extreme does "losing your temper" go to?

4.) for question 14F, What if the person impersonating an admin does NOT comply with your requests? What kind of punishment would they receive?

5.) Why do you choose to mute some people who micspam/chatspam, and ban others?

6.) For 14I, what will the punishment for these actions be?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I HIGHLY suggest going over this application and fixing it up a bit.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:49:15 PM by Yee B Games »
Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline Meepersz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »
What was the vac banned for?
On CS:S, I bhop, and there's a thing called a 1 tick autostrafer, and the one server that I went on, I got VAC banned. The autostrafer is not a hack, there is a section of Bhop called TAS (Tool Assisted Speedrun), and the autostrafer is one of the tools allowed.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:56:00 PM by Meepersz »

Offline Meepersz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 03:47:11 PM »
I got a few questions to ask you about your app..
1.) Are any of the servers that you used to administrate still up and active? If so, please provide some form of a link to them.

3.) What exactly happens when you lose your temper? Do you become enraged and start yelling at people? To what extreme does "losing your temper" go to?

4.) for question 14F, What if the person impersonating an admin does NOT comply with your requests? What kind of punishment would they receive?

5.) Why do you choose to mute some people who micspam/chatspam, and ban others?

6.) For 14I, what will the punishment for these actions be?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I HIGHLY suggest going over this application and fixing it up a bit.

1. I'm sorry to say that the TF2/Gmod servers that I administrated are now gone, but as for the RSPS's, the only one that I could find that is still up is at http://www.simplicity-rsps.com.

2. By objective, there could be many things that it meant. I didn't really understand it.

3. When I lose my temper, it's nothing that people can see on the server. I normally just quit out of anger and just try to calm myself down if I do lose my temper.

4. The player would first receive a gag/mute, and if continued, a temporary ban.

5. If the micspam/chatspam was continued after the gag/mute, that's when the ban would come into play. And if you mean by what kinds of micspam/chatspam deserve different types of punishment, if it was very offensive/cruel/racist mic/chatspam, I would give them a permanent gag. If it was bind spamming or spamming a song on the mic, I would just give them a temporary gag/mute.

6. I would first mute/gag them, and if continued, a temporary ban.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:56:25 PM by Meepersz »

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 04:26:59 PM »
Ok, thank you for replying to my questions.

Offline Meepersz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 04:27:50 PM »
If you don't mind could you explain what "Objective" means? I want to fix it so there is no wrong answer.

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 04:31:03 PM »
If you don't mind could you explain what "Objective" means? I want to fix it so there is no wrong answer.

It means how much your own opinions and feelings can change an outcome. For example, there is a person who is your friend and is mic spamming, would you give them the same treatment as some random guy?
Or would you be more lenient towards them?

Offline Meepersz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 04:32:51 PM »

It means how much your own opinions and feelings can change an outcome. For example, there is a person who is your friend and is mic spamming, would you give them the same treatment as some random guy?
Or would you be more lenient towards them?
So 10 being they effect them little to none and 1 being very much. Thank you very much for helping me out.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 07:07:11 PM by Meepersz »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 03:56:17 AM »
Quote from: Application Guidelines - Tips for Writing Your Application
Demonstrate proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

I suggest going over your whole application and fixing all the errors present.
AFK like JFK

Offline Meepersz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »
Quote from: Application Guidelines - Tips for Writing Your Application
Demonstrate proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

I suggest going over your whole application and fixing all the errors present.

Okay, thank you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:45:04 PM by Meepersz »

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 07:00:09 AM »
It seems you rate yourself being perfectly Logical, Creative and Troubleshooter. Care explaining how so?

How come you changed it to a two, what motive made you rate yourself lower on objective?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Meepersz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 08:23:12 AM »
It seems you rate yourself being perfectly Logical, Creative and Troubleshooter. Care explaining how so?

How come you changed it to a two, what motive made you rate yourself lower on objective?

1. When it comes to be logical, I don't let outside information that could possibly be false effect me. I stand by the rules. I also have a very creative mind. I love creating and thinking of new and fun things to do. I rated myself a 10 on troubleshooting because I always want to get to the core problem of things, and it bothers me if I don't. This has made me voracious when it comes to solving problems.

2. I was told that 1 was being friendships don't affect your decisions at all, and 10 being they affect your decisions heavily. Now that I have learned that it is the opposite, I will change it accordingly.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:24:57 AM by Meepersz »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 09:49:25 PM »
What do you feel you can offer our team? Something you can do different to stand out from the rest of staff?

Is it your personality, skill, thought process?

Take your time with a response.

I'm looking forward to your answer :)

Offline Meepersz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 10:18:26 PM »
What do you feel you can offer our team? Something you can do different to stand out from the rest of staff?

Is it your personality, skill, thought process?

Take your time with a response.

I'm looking forward to your answer :)

I would have to say that it would be a mix of the three. I have a very outgoing personality to all on the servers, and show them that the staff can be fun people too, and not only there to enforce the rules. I also have a great amount of skill in TF2. I have played years of TF2 and only have become wiser with them. I know the in's and out's of each class fairly well. I'd be more than willing to help any player on the server that wants help with any part of the game. Also my thought process towards all things is very deep. I love thinking things out, not just finding the quickest and easiest solutions.