• April 27, 2024, 09:13:01 PM

Author Topic: Blackwater Park. - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 7376 times)

Offline iSsuEs

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Blackwater Park. - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 08, 2016, 02:47:49 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've been adminstrator for SwapShop previously, also adminstrator for some L4D2 servers back in the day.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals in this community is to make it a better place than it is, there are breaks here and there in the community, that can eventually discompose some people. That shouldn't happen so frequently.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I'd be able to spend around 4-5 hours on the server each day, depending on situations. Sometimes more, sometimes less. School can also get in the way.

B. On the forums?
I would be able to check the forums any time of day, checking every hour or two.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on the group of servers for about a year now.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
STEAMREP: https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fsupaswag%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
Alternate Account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/atom11c

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
The time when I had lost control of my emotions, was when my girlfriend had left me, and I was having extreme problems with my family, and all I could think about was the pain, and suffering I was going through at the time. Nothing was worth it, nothing at all. I constantly wanted to kill myself, every single day. I had tried doing it once, but I failed doing it. I think this is more than just losing control of my emotions, it's more like losing control of my sanity.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
A strength in my personality is that I am a mindful person. I am very thoughtful throughout many occasions, you name it. I believe that's where my overthinking problem has originated from.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If a person is making racial slurs, I would first warn the person, telling them to stop what they are saying. Second warning, I would proceed with a kick. If I hear the person is still continuing to make racial slurs, I will give that person a two day ban, then following with a week if they continue.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If a group of players are offended by remarks that I don't find offensive, I would tell the offended player that they should avoid what the other person is saying. If the person continues with the remarks, I will tell the player that is shooting the remarks to stop their actions. If they continue, I will mute.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
This question can be situational. If a person was micspamming and the people in the server enjoyed the micspam, I would let the person continue the micspam, but for a certain time limit. If the players in the server and I thought that the micspamming was horrid, I would mute that player.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If another TF2SS admin was exploiting their powers, I would report it to the other admins and the owner right away, but, of course, I would record the incident, and use that recording as evidence to support my claims.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
If the person in the server is indeed speedhacking, I would take action and ban that player by the IP permanently. If the person was not hacking, I would inform the players in the server that said player is not hacking.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
If a regular threatens to ban another player with rules that don't exist, I would kick that player instantly. Two wrong doings in one. The person is deceiving another player by telling them they have administrative powers, AND making up rules that don't exist. Which should go right into a ban. If it happens again, a ban for a week.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
If a person is killing me, over and over again, and changing teams if I join the team they are on, I would kill them for it. In the game. Not literally.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If a person is being a nuisance and keeps commenting those stated, I would mute the person, If they continue, proceed with a situational ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
If a person is offering free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them, I would kick them right away. That's admin impersonation at it's finest right there. If they keep doing what they do when they join back, I would ban the player for two days.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player who bought the HH perk that it's fair, because the other player had bought a perk from the shop just like they did.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel as if the experiences would be exactly the same as they were before. A whole load of repetition, taking reports, responding to reports on the fourms, attending staff meetings, ETC.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:26:07 AM by Blackwater Park »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Blackwater Park. - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »

Hades

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:27:04 PM »
What do you feel you can offer our team that you couldn't previously?

As well for your VAC Ban. Yes, it was for L4D2. But it Nonetheless made it clear that you had purchased the Premium LMAOBox program.

How can we know that you will serve as a new and improved staff member, as well as proving there is no potential of any form of cheats being used at all?

I'm open to any responses you have to give.

I'm also open to the fact of accepting you back in as a staff member. But I'd just like to hear a reasonable explanation and answer.

Thank you for your time :)

Offline iSsuEs

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 05:40:01 AM »
I feel as if I can offer more honesty to the team. And as for the apparent LMAOBOX, I have never had that program on my computer. As for your claims before, you can't get a VAC by just having a cheating program on your computer. That would call for Steam or TF2, to access all your files on your computer without your consent, which is borderline illegal. That, and I suppose any anti virus programs would remove any cheating program immediately, be considered a virus.

And of course, times do change. Even though I've been banned for a minor reason, it still brings me to realize that any form of cheating is not okay. And for that fact, my new account has not been VAC banned. I assume that there have been plenty of VAC waves after the first one, and I've dodged all of them. Which should show something. I honestly don't know what else to say, other than I got a L4D2 ban while many were getting a TF2 ban. I've provided the proof I can. With many people accepting me, while some think I'm spitting bullshit. I still stand with my claims.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 05:54:47 AM »
Regarding your VAC ban, all the evidence is in this ban appeal: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=1483.0

While I don't fully support you re-applying (not due to personal reasons or anything, but rather for your own good), I will still stand by your claims that you did not use LMAOBoX.

Besides, this alt account would have been VAC banned by now since your skills haven't differed after the VAC ban on your main account, should you have been using the hack.
AFK like JFK

Offline iSsuEs

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 06:04:24 AM »
Psy, I don't have high hopes for this application. I really don't. If anyone had read the application guidelines, you have to wait ONE YEAR to apply after having a VAC ban enforced on your account. I mainly did this application to see where I am able to go. If that makes any sense.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »
Psy, I don't have high hopes for this application. I really don't. If anyone had read the application guidelines, you have to wait ONE YEAR to apply after having a VAC ban enforced on your account. I mainly did this application to see where I am able to go. If that makes any sense.

Frankly speaking, if you don't have hopes (and with this, not believe on yourself) on this application, why did you post it? Especially when you know you need to follow Application Guidelines.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline iSsuEs

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 06:59:57 AM »
I posted the application from the feeling of hope, that there was still a place lingering from where I was left off, which makes your post contradictory. I had so much hope, that I was willing to give it a shot. But after I posted the application, the thoughts became storming in. Trust is lost so easily, yet so hard to earn back, and I understand that.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 07:02:41 AM »
You could of simply waited the year, however.

Offline iSsuEs

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 07:06:40 AM »
If the administrators have known the guidelines, how come they haven't declined my application right away, though? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 07:11:34 AM »
If the administrators have known the guidelines, how come they haven't declined my application right away, though? Wouldn't that make more sense?

This is true, although only Psy and BloodRain can do so. I assume they would decline it after the reading of these posts.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 07:32:21 AM »
As for your claims before, you can't get a VAC by just having a cheating program on your computer. That would call for Steam or TF2, to access all your files on your computer without your consent, which is borderline illegal.

To my knowledge steam does look at GAME files on your computer to see if they have been modified. And if so that is what will trigger a VAC. You consent to this when using steam. It is why in TF2 you can be kicked with the message "A program is interfering with the VAC system".

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

As far as your application goes here is my personal opinion. If your VAC ban(being 101 days old at the time of this writing, is still a far ways off of being 1 year old. If that isn't going to be taken into account then neither should your alt account's hours in TF2. You can't pick and choose information to support ones claims in an experiment after all. This would mean however that you wouldn't make the hours requirement.

Hades

Offline iSsuEs

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 07:36:28 AM »
Yeah, you're right about it looking for modified game files, but, wouldn't the hack store all it's information somewhere else than it would be able to check? I'm just making a wild guess here. And yes, I don't think the fact that my ban is just 100 days old should be ignored.

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »
The ban could have been like Nationn...he never hadd hacked but yet for having CCleaner in his computer he was banned. I for one want too see him back as the vac wave would have gotten this account if he was truly hacking.
counter sally strike go

Offline iSsuEs

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 12:49:59 PM »
Nah, the ban was nothing like what happened to Nationn. I do have CCleaner on my computer, but I have never used it WHILE playing TF2.