• April 25, 2024, 03:21:42 AM

Author Topic: JavA - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4199 times)

Offline JavA

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
JavA - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 17, 2015, 08:46:59 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
eastern time zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Right now I am a Group Moderator for the group "Bring TF2 Key Prices Down" on steam and I'm not sure if you count this or not but i am a VIP on 64.79.109.248:27016.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to be in this position so that I can get rid of people who are being offensive to other players because of there race, popularity, financial state ect.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
I usually play minimum 2 hours per day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on your servers for about 7 months now.

9. List a reputation thread here (if you have one, it may be simple as your steamrep url):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198173469502

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:

12. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 3
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 4

13. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask him or her to stop, than if he or she did not i would give he/she a day mute. If he/she still come and say racist comments i will just ban them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would be respectful and stop because i do not want anyone feeling offended.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop, if they proceed doing so i will just mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would ask them to stop doing so because i like to have everything far for all players and if they don't I will contact the owner.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Since it is an extra file i would ask then to take out the file and if they do not do so i will kick/ban then from the server the contact Valve about he or she via Report.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the threatened player that what he is saying is a lie then to mute the Regular who is lying.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
To be 100% honest I would just go into !Friendly mode and just mess around after that.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would kindly tell them to stop with the cussing and spamming the mic if not then give them a day mute. And if they come back and do it again then ill give them a permanent mute.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn everyone that this is a scam and if you do trade it you'll get a permanent ban as well for the vendor.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
Just wait it out it's only for 45 seconds.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: JavA - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 07:56:08 AM »
For 11.

You're saying you've never lost control? At least once in everyone's life, where they are upset enough to say irrational words or act out in a way you wouldn't nomally do. Listing what caused them is probably all you need to do to explain why you had lost control

Offline JavA

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »
Sorry i forgot to do 11...

If someone is making fun of another players race that is the most upsetting thing for me, and that makes me lose control on people.

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 02:57:15 PM »
J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
Just wait it out it's only for 45 seconds.

Please re-read the question and answer again.
One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 03:06:47 PM »
I think he means that if someone buys HHH, you can just buy Melee only and after it ends, the player with HHH loses turns back into a normal player.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline JavA

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »
(This Is Replacing B)

If a player is offended by another players words I would respectfully ask them to stop, and if not I would give them a day mute and if they do it again after that day I would mute them forever.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2 SwapShop administration, however you do not satisfy our requirements for administration at this moment.

Application denied.

You may re-apply again in 6 months.
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16