• April 28, 2024, 06:55:44 AM

Author Topic: A Damn Fiddle - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6788 times)

Offline A Damn Fiddle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
A Damn Fiddle - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:42:48 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

4. Age:

5. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Coast, USA

6. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was admin of an old tf2 community server that has been taken down, and I am friends with someone who repeatedly calls me the best admin ever, but before that I was admin of a minecraft server that was taken down.

7. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to hold this position to maintain order in the servers and people, such as responding to reports, muting spammers, etc.

8. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend about the entire day on tf2 unless there is a reason otherwise.

B. On the forums?
I do not visit forums very often but when i do, i usually browse for about an hour.

9. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Over a year, it is the only server i play on.

10. Do you speak any languages other than English?
That is a simple no.

11. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198085822458

12. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

13. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I have gotten very angry on games on about 5 occasions in which i just quit the game and calm down using videos or some form of entertainment

14. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
my main strengh is that I am not a very serious person and i do not succumb to insults easily/ever. my main weakness is that i have major anxiety and i may have minor mood swings depending on the situation.

15. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 9

16. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would warn him 3 times and if he does not comply i would mute him for 24 hours.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell them to calm down and i would ask the player who made the remarks to calm down with the offense.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i would warn them 2 times and if they continue i would mute them for 24 hours.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop abusing and if they do not i would ban them for 24 hours and contact the owner/co-owner to deal with it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i would go into spectator mode to confirm he is speed hacking and then ban them for a month.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i would reassure the threatened player that the threat is not actually an admin and i would warn the player not to do it again.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i would tell them to stop focusing me down and if they do not comply i would go into godmode so that they cannot kill me anymore and hopefully they will give up trying to kill me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i would tell them to chill with the insults, and if they do not chill, i would mute and kick them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i would tell everyone that the offer is a scam and i give a warning to the scammer never to do it again.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
i would tell the player that i feel sorry for them and that the slay command IS worth 1000 credits so not all is lost.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I think admin abuse is the act of using admin commands to make the player's time on a server miserable.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel that it would be a good thing for me to become admin as i am very responsible and reasonable, it would suit me very well to administrate a server.

• Egg
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: A Damn Fiddle - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »
Hello! I'm here to question you to get a better understanding of your personality and thought process.

6. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was admin of an old tf2 community server that has been taken down, and I am friends with someone who repeatedly calls me the best admin ever, but before that I was admin of a minecraft server that was taken down.

What did you do to earn the title 'best admin ever' from your friend?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell them to calm down and i would ask the player who made the remarks to calm down with the offense.

What will you do if no one calms down?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i would tell them to stop focusing me down and if they do not comply i would go into godmode so that they cannot kill me anymore and hopefully they will give up trying to kill me.

What if I told you that this is considered admin abuse and you are not allowed to give yourself an unfair advantage over other players (such as godmode) using admin commands. (Unless you are talking about the !Shop ?)

What will you do, then?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:27:21 AM by Robo »

Offline A Damn Fiddle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 05:59:32 PM »
Well for question 1, I was just having fun with him and I guess he grew a likeness to my way of administration.

For question 2, if no one calms down well I could tell the offensive player to apologize to all of them, but isn't that kind of childish?

And for question 3, I would not kill any player in this state, I would merely use it to stop players from focusing me. I do not believe in unfair fighting in any way.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 06:19:32 PM »
And for question 3, I would not kill any player in this state, I would merely use it to stop players from focusing me. I do not believe in unfair fighting in any way.

The fact that you're willing to give yourself godmode and nobody else IS unfair. The whole point of the game is to kill other players. Giving yourself godmode is just you not wanting to play the game the way it's meant to be played. You're basically abusing your power in that situation.
AFK like JFK

Offline A Damn Fiddle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 06:52:04 PM »
Not trying to sound rude or anything but you HAVE seen all of the other admins using godmode at random right?

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 06:57:24 PM »
Not trying to sound rude or anything but you HAVE seen all of the other admins using godmode at random right?

They're using shop/rtd roll. What you're saying is that you're willing to use the console command to give you the godmode.
AFK like JFK

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »

There is !shop for that reason, admins are allowed to use godmode if purchased this way.

(regarding the red colored text) Care to give any names?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline A Damn Fiddle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 07:01:28 PM »
Every moment biscuit exists in a server, he has godmode. At least in my experience.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 07:04:51 PM »
Every moment biscuit exists in a server, he has godmode. At least in my experience.

He was most likely hosting events at those given times. We have 3 people, including myself, checking the logs daily and we don't see any admin abuse from him.

He could have also bought it from the shop or rolled it using !rtd.

If you have evidence that says otherwise, feel free to make a staff report with said evidence.
AFK like JFK

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »

Very well, since this is with Biscuit, I'll let him have his say on this.

Now for my question, Why do you consider yourself perfectly Polite and Reasonable?

Offline A Damn Fiddle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 07:07:34 PM »
Alright I've decided not to drag this discussion along any further so i'm just gonna fix my mistake here. instead of using godmode to deter the players, i'm just gonna get good. But I sit around in spawn quite a bit, it's sort of a thing I enjoy, and maybe a thing I would need to do.

Offline A Damn Fiddle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »
I consider myself polite and reasonable because personally I find that everyone I engage in conversation with in real life considers me polite, my parents told me I was polite, I use please and thank you, but if you doubt me on the reasonable thing well I may try to make a point but if it doesn't make any sense i'll just accept that it doesn't make sense. This may be basic information and I apologize, I really do.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 07:15:08 PM »
I consider myself polite and reasonable because personally I find that everyone I engage in conversation with in real life considers me polite, my parents told me I was polite, I use please and thank you, but if you doubt me on the reasonable thing well I may try to make a point but if it doesn't make any sense i'll just accept that it doesn't make sense. This may be basic information and I apologize, I really do.

Thank you for answering my question.

Offline A Damn Fiddle

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 07:18:08 PM »
With respect, sir/ma'am.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 07:30:43 AM »
Alright I've decided not to drag this discussion along any further so i'm just gonna fix my mistake here. instead of using godmode to deter the players, i'm just gonna get good. But I sit around in spawn quite a bit, it's sort of a thing I enjoy, and maybe a thing I would need to do.

What if the players decide to get into spawn using the shop? (i.e. noclip)
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do