• April 25, 2024, 07:36:46 AM

Author Topic: (bZrk-O) Zerker161 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6221 times)

Offline Zerker

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
(bZrk-O) Zerker161 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 08, 2016, 03:17:51 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Virus Alpha
Gerbil
notPsykotik
Hamtaro
Dr. Lethal

(in order of most known to least known)

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am currently the owner of beZerker Trading Group which has 750 members as of the time I am writing this. We had our own server which I did manage. I have some experience as an admin on various Garry's Mod servers over the years but I cannot recall from memory the names of those servers.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I feel as if there's long periods of time, especially during the night, where there is no staff to moderate the servers and I would like to help keep an eye on it. It's been a while since I've had some authority and I miss the chance to be a part of, and a managing contributor, to a community.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can spend at least a couple hours a day. I have spent up to 8 hours on the server on any given day.

B. On the forums?
I can try to spend as much time as I can, but to be honest forum moderation isn't my forte. I could probably squeeze in an hour or two a day.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I first played on the servers and added them to my favorites years ago (no idea how many), since then I've taken breaks from TF2 and since I've come back I've spent quite a few hours (roughly about 100 or so) in the past few months I would estimate.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak French fluently.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: (bZrk-O) Zerker161
|  steam3ID: [U:1:60131295]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:30065647
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020397023
| customURL:
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198020397023

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/beZerkerTrade
feel free to consult the staff members of this group for a history of my performance as an owner on our server

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
N/A

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Once got into a fight with Sterben about sniping, I recall us settling the situation by lightening the tone with jokes and now we're more or less acquaintances on good terms.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider myself a very comedic person. I often mess with people online but I can be professional when needed. I like to think I can make a server more fun and brighten the mood. I feel that my weaknesses mostly stem from my ego and an inability to accept defeat. I would hopefully like to work on those issues with this community.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 5
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 4
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 7

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
a warning followed by an immediate kick, then potential ban if it continued

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would try to defuse the situation by asking the offending player to see their point of view and possibly apologize. Should he not, I would ask that he refrain from making a similar statement in the future regardless.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
a warning followed by a 10 minute mute/gag followed by a 2 hour mute/gag followed by a kick followed by a temp ban

depending on number of offenses

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
ask the offending admin to cease and report it to one of the higher ups

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
try to see for myself if there is indeed speedhacking occurring and ask the reporting player what led them to believe that it was occurring.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
warn the player not to impersonate staff members, move to harsher punishments such as kicking and then banning should they continue

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
stay in spawn and do not engage. should they disrespect me with taunts then I would take appropriate actions for disrespecting an admin

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
warn them, then mute/gag them, then kick them, then ban them should they continue

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
let the other players know that he is attempting to scam and then I would kick him

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
The other person had every right to use the shop and to not worry about it. If I had enough credits I might gift them to the person as a way to help them calm down.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
a use of one's admin abilities for the purposes of giving themselves an unbalanced advantage or using their powers outside the limits of the rules

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I've played on TF2SS servers (particularly server 35) for a long time and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to be someone who can make the server a better place.
Grandmaster Popsicle

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: (bZrk-O) Zerker161 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 04:11:23 PM »
I'm no longer an active staff member, though thank you for acknowledging me.

This application is pretty decent, although it does contain some grammatical errors.

Good luck!
AFK like JFK

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 05:28:50 PM »
Hello and thank you for taking an interest in applying to be a staff member of our community. I have some additional questions I would like to ask of you.

If a question does not apply to you, feel free to put N/A. Best wishes of continued luck on your application.

Hades

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 07:43:28 PM »
In my opinion zerker could be a great admin I give a yes from past experiences with zerker, I see him helping our community.

Offline Zerker

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 01:20:04 AM »
Hello and thank you for taking an interest in applying to be a staff member of our community. I have some additional questions I would like to ask of you.

If a question does not apply to you, feel free to put N/A. Best wishes of continued luck on your application.

Hades

1. Lexi Lee is the account of my sister.
2. I do not know anyone by that name.
3. I vaguely remember Charlie from Harpoon as I used to frequent there but I do not remember the nature of our relationship.
4. Jack's name feels familiar but I am not sure who he is.
5. English is my primary language but I am quite fluent in French with about 8 years of learning experience in it. I can fairly easily decipher the language when hearing or reading it, but actually maintaining a conversation is a struggle.
6. I'm not sure what I can bring that is unique from the other staff, but I hope to be an extra set of eyes and make the server a little more lively.
7. My server is no longer up. This is because I, and my friend who controlled the server, lost interest in TF2 and my friend who owned the server did not feel that he wanted to keep it up.
8. I wanted to start my own gaming community out of a desire for socialization and a responsibility to manage a community.
Grandmaster Popsicle

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:12:34 PM »
I recommend Zerker for this position, mainly for two reasons.

1. He actually knows right from wrong and is serious when the situation requires it. He knows how to get things done and handle business.

2. I've played on #35 with him quite a few times and he's very humorous and you'll often hear him entertaining the server with some jokes or just conversing with other players about their interests or something terribly stupid they had just done.

The servers always seem to be more upbeat and active when he's present.

You've got my vote.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 11:31:00 PM »
I recommend Zerker as well. He is very active on server 35 and loves to make jokes. He is responsible and gets serious when someone needs help.

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 04:57:59 AM »
It probably doesn't mean anything coming from me, but I'm giving a personal recommendation to Zerker. I was the one to suggest he apply and I think he'd make a great admin. He's never bothered anyone when asked not to, he's lovely to talk to, and all around entertaining. He may act immature sometimes but that's a friend at heart.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Zerker

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 11:38:49 AM »

They're all on my friend's list but frankly I don't recall many of them. I have taken years off of steam in the past and I could have very likely added them years ago and forgotten them. Over Kill is the only one I vaguely know and he's somewhat of a friend of mine. I have 200 something friends and I actively talk to less than 10 of them. I assume these people have broken the rules on the server at some point or were banned but I couldn't tell you when or why.
Grandmaster Popsicle

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
Any idea why or what happened to the servers you used to administrate?

Logical: 10

Why do you consider yourself perfectly logical?

Polite: 5
Perceptive: 4

Ant reasons why you rate yourself so low as to your politeness and Perceptiveness?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:33:49 AM by Hamtaro »
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Zerker

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 11:07:17 AM »
Any idea why or what happened to the servers you used to administrate?

Logical: 10

Why do you consider yourself perfectly logical?

Polite: 5
Perceptive: 4

Ant reasons why you rate yourself so low as to your politeness and Perceptiveness?

I dont consider myself perfectly logical, but I do consider it my strongest trait. I'm good an analyzing problems and putting logic before emotion when it comes to settling an issue.

I consider politeness to be a weaker trait of mine normally, as I can be quite rude, but I'd like to think that I can work on making that trait stronger as a staff member and a more active member of the community.

Perceptiveness is definitely my weakest trait. I have a habit of zoning out and not noticing what's happening around me. I would try to be my most vigilant as an admin but I will be honest in admitting that it is not my strongest characteristic.
Grandmaster Popsicle

Offline Zerker

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 06:27:56 PM »
I realize I missed the "Any idea why or what happened to the servers you used to administrate?" question.

The servers on GMod that I administrated were simply victims of time. I was an admin on them anywhere between 5 to 7 years ago so they simply went down due to living too long.

I feel I should be a little more specific about my administrator history.
I remember being an admin on 2 servers specifically and there was another but I can't remember enough about it to be relevant.
I was an admin on a Gmod sandbox server that was called "Awesome ____ ____" the blanks being forgotten words in the name. I stopped working as an admin there when they shut down due to an inability to financially sustain their servers as I recall.
The other server was a friend's sandbox server which simply went down because he left the game.
Grandmaster Popsicle

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 06:36:27 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop Game Server Administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel you do not satisfy our standards for Game Server Administration at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.

Hades