• April 24, 2024, 07:34:51 PM

Author Topic: Amby - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3840 times)

Offline amber

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Amby - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:51:13 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Penny, Shh [And others, but their names won't come to me currently.]

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None, but I've grown accustomed to assessing situations with professionalism and reacting accordingly through trading and playing for a while.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I'd like to become a known normal, or the "laid-back" administrator that comes on often. I spend most of my spare time on the sever so enforcing rules would be a prime directive.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Most, if not all, of my spare time; this being most of the day.

B. On the forums?
As much as required, though I'm not currently on them often.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Spring 2016 or earlier, as far as I remember.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No, but I'd love to start learning German.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198123844496

[You can also look at my steam page or ask any of my friends how reliable/trustworthy I am.]

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
N/A

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I do this often, though I don't like being personal or going into detail. I just sit and listen to music, calm down and proceed with life.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I'm definitely trustworthy and professional, and I'm good at assessing situations as they come. However I'm stubborn [which can be viewed as a pro or con depending on your view] and I can overreact sometimes, though not often.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 4
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 7

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Warn the player, then if the comments continue mute or gag them. If they continue beyond that kick, then temporary ban.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Deal with the situation as I see fit; If the remarks are clearly offensive, go back to square one and deal with them normally. However if it's something stupid and players are getting offended I'll just tell the players to ignore the one making the remarks.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn them, then if it continues mute them. No exceptions until the server says I'm clearly wrong, then I'll re-assess and react accordingly.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them to a higher power/the forums, as I see no way I can stop someone of equal power to me besides warning them to stop.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
See if [username] really is speed hacking for myself, then tell them to knock it off depending on if they are or not. If it continues [which is likely] I will ban them.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Warn the antagonist first, then if it continues mute/gag them, if it continues then they will be kicked or temporarily banned.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Get salty, leave, calm down, come back and chill out. No point in abusing powers.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Warn the player, then if it continues mute/gag them, then if it continues beyond that point kick/ban the player temporarily.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn them, then if it continues warn them again. Regulars on the server usually don't go beyond a warning or two, but if they do then mute them and go back to square one; Warn, mute, kick/ban.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I'd tell them that they bought HHH perk until death, and that they have died. No need to complain.
If it's out of hand and completely beyond the lines of simply complaining, I'll mute/gag them.
[Slay a player is broken, so I'm assuming this means they've been killed.]

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
To abuse the powers given to administrators to enforce rules, to use those powers with any other purpose than intended [Excluding jokes or sillyness.]

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel I would be very fit to become an admin, despite my age, and I'm active enough on these servers to be able to do my job well.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Amby - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:31:58 PM »
5. Age:

Thank you for taking an interest and applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however guidelines state that you must be at least 16 years or older in order to apply to be a Game Server Administrator. For a more complete list of our guidelines please see here.

Application Denied.

Hades