• April 27, 2024, 07:57:37 PM

Author Topic: Seranok - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 7384 times)

Offline radiostep | LFT

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Seranok - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 23, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Shh

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
USA Central Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have a job at "Shipley Donuts", owned by my father.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to hold this position in order to supply the community with another admin, to make it a safer community, and to provide TFSS with as much security as possible.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I typically spend a lot of time on trade servers, making up about 70% of my TF2 hours (give or take). Knowing this, I will probably spend up to

B. On the forums?
As much time as I need, as long as such time does not interfere with scheduled events (i.e. school, work, family, etc.).

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I would assume around 2 years or so.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Yes, German.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=homeappliancesandretails

-No VAC bans, trade bans, or community bans.

- Joined Steam 2013-03-31

-Public Backpack (as of 12/23/2016)

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
None.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Parental Divorce. It hurt hard, and it affected the way I behaved in school. I learned to view my parents' divorce as merely an event and not something to cope with.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I can easily keep quiet.

I can easily deal with rough situations.

I would consider myself an introvert; I don't do much talking (however, I will be able to take action against rule-breakers.)

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 3
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them to stop such behavior (if it was against the rules of the server). If the behavior repeated, I would follow the kick system of the server (assuming if a second instance meant a kick/punishment) and issue a punishment.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If the remarks broke the rules of TFSS, I would ask them to stop. If they chose not to, I would follow the punishment system.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop. If it continued, I would issue a mute assuming that a second offense meant such a punishment.  

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report their actions to a senior admin, the owner, or another TFSS offical.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
One of two things.

-I would join the server and look for evidence. If evidence showed that someone was hacking, I would follow the TFSS rules relating to hackers and issue a punishment.

-I would join the server and look for evidence. If there was no evidence, whether it be from the server or from the player, I would leave and kindly ask the player to not make false reports.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would ask them to not commit admin impersonation. If they refused, I would issue a punishment.

-Please note that as soon as I receive a set of rules, I will be able to issue punishments correctly, and when I need to. Until then, please disregard any mistakes that I have made when answering these questions.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would not commit any act of admin abuse. Instead, I would simply acknowledge the domination and continue playing.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If there is a rule in TFSS that states that disrespect is an offense, then I would take necessary action to ensure that the player would stop the offense.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Assuming that TFSS states that this event is offensive and a ban must be issued, I would issue a ban. If it states anything else, I would comply with the rules and take further action to make sure that no one falls for his/her misdeeds. I would also make sure that the player commiting the act received appropriate punishment.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
If the player is an admin, then I would ask the admin why they slayed the player, then report to the player either stating what the admin should've done, or why the admin commited the act. If the player was a regular player, I would tell the Headless Horsemann player that slaying (in that event) is not against the rules, and slaying (in that event) should not be treated as an offense.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse can be defined as the intentional act of misconduct performed by an admin such that rule breaking, command spam, or any other offense is commited.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Indifferent. I am willing to accept if I do not get the position. At the same time, I am hopeful that I will get the position such that I can become a TFSS official and support the community by providing security, reliability, and rule enforcement.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
AFK like JFK

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Seranok - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 07:27:41 PM »
http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg14447#msg14447

The Position Server Administrator is currently *UNAVAILABLE* indefinitely.

Unfortunately we are at/over our maximum amount for server administrators and therefore cannot process your application at this time. We would like to thank you for your interest in applying, however, your application will have to be denied.

Application Denied. Reason: Server Administrator Limit Reached/Over.

Thank you,

Hades

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »
This application has been reopened for review.
AFK like JFK

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »
First note:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/homeappliancesandretails/inventory/

Their inventory has a high value. This does not give the user an advantage, but it does put a lot of money on the line for this user. I don't see them throwing away their account anytime soon for hacking or other various things.

The application is written with a very delicate manner.

The time taken to do this was not quick. I do approve.

Offline tsun ツ

• your local weaboo
  • Forum Poster
  • ໒( ●ᴥ ●)ʋ u wot m8
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »
A Really well written application my only question is

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
Logical: 10
Patient: 9
Reactive: 9
Creative: 3
Polite: 9
Reasonable: 7
Objective: 10
Perceptive: 8
Compassionate: 8
Troubleshooter: 8
Honest: 10

Why do you consider your self perfect in the reds and so high in the others?
oh-haiyo~

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 12:16:18 AM »
1. If you are accepted, can you get a mic that you can use?

2. Can you please finish answering #14A?
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »
You have failed to respond within 3 days to the first question asked by one of our administrators. Therefore, your application has been suspended.

You have 1 week to answer our questions before your application is denied for inactivity.
AFK like JFK

Offline radiostep | LFT

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 10:18:36 AM »
Reno,

I didn't mean to come across as self-entilted, in fact, I felt a bit uneasy answering those. I was at a point where it came down to either choosing a lesser number and perhaps being viewed as weak in some fields, or choosing a high number and looking narcasistic. I believe that I could answer the questions better if I used text instead of numbers, that way I could portray how I really feel about myself. Numbers just seem weird for me. But to answer your question, I don't feel perfect in those fields, I just happened to pick the highest number without reason, which is a burden I must carry. If you wish to know how I actually feel with those categories, I will tell you. I again apologize for coming across as self-entitled or arrogant.

I feel as if I can handle a conflict whilst still following the guildlines of adminship. I am willing to view sides and come to a conclusion, if it means not compromising the integrity of the security of the server. I wouldn't consider myself creative, though. I always try to be polite even in situations where others are insulting me as it is best for the community I am supporting (in this case, TFSS). When I put "10" as an objective, I meant it as a way of displaying that I always wish to follow the rules of adminship, as not doing so could result in a loss of security, and potentially, admin abuse (not to say that abuse would ever come across my mind). The reason why I put "10" as "Honest" is due to the fact that I thought that the question related to legislative questions regarding rule-breakers, misdeeders, etc. In those cases, I always am honest about security. However, in real life, I tend to lie a bit; sometimes, it's necessary.

Psykotik,

I apologize about my lack of completion of the application. Yes, if I am accepted, I will install a working microphone. I apologize for the convolution, but I cannot find a "14A."

I again hope that my application did not come across as self-entilted, nor do I hope that my reply did. I appreciate your time.

-Seranok

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 12:29:09 PM »
Your application has been moved out of suspension. Please do check on your application more often for the next 6 days.

Psykotik,

I apologize about my lack of completion of the application. Yes, if I am accepted, I will install a working microphone. I apologize for the convolution, but I cannot find a "14A."

I again hope that my application did not come across as self-entilted, nor do I hope that my reply did. I appreciate your time.

-Seranok

My bad, I could've sworn I saw 14A at the time. Anywho, I was referring to 9A. The one asking about how much time you can spend on the forum.
AFK like JFK

Offline radiostep | LFT

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »
Psy,

Ah, sorry about that. To finish question "9A", I will be able to spend around 3-5 leisure hours a day, if necessary, on the TFSS servers. Actually, I will be able to spend as much time as necessary on the servers. Forgetting to answer this question is a burden on my part, and I apologize for it.

-Seranok

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 12:19:13 AM »
Thank you for answering our questions.
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 01:34:40 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

Unfortunately, due to some discrepancies found on your application, we cannot let you reapply.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK