• April 28, 2024, 06:46:07 AM

Author Topic: Grandpa Panda - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 7678 times)

Offline Gummy Bear | Designer

• Forum Visitor
  • Always have a dream and keep it.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Grandpa Panda - Game Server Admin Application
« on: January 17, 2017, 09:55:20 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
RenoRaider, Mizzle Grizzle (AKA Olionkey), Shh, Senpai-Ultimaweeb, VirusAlpha, and Penny.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time Zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've had experience as Admin before. I was an Admin on Elk's Server. Out of the game, I'm currently working as a moderator for a restaurant. I hire people and manage the business.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals in this community is to have a positive community on TF2. I would like to hold this position because everyone deserves a happy life. Everyone one deserves to be treated respectfully.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I spend a lot of time on the server to make sure everything is okay and if anything goes wrong, I always try to solve the problem.

B. On the forums?
I spend about 1-2 hours to see if any updates were made.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been on the servers for 3 years already.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak Vietnamese, but not fluently yet.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198060358017

| steamname: Grandpa Panda
|  steam3ID: [U:1:100092289]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:50046144
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060358017
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ironboy88
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198060358017

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I don't not have any alternative accounts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I had been stressed a year ago, because of my ex. In game, I never had stress in it. I always try to forget the past and move on. If I felt down, I talk to my friends about it and see if there's a way to feel better and forget about my ex.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strength is being positive, being friendly, and I help others. My weakness is when someone tells me something that's not true. For example, "Asians eat dogs", but I mostly ignore those compliments.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell the person who's saying racist things to stop. If he cooperates, I'll be glad. If he doesn't, I'll warn him three times and if he still doesn't cooperate, the only option is to gag him for only 30 mins to an hour.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the player who's being offended to ignore the chat and continue playing. If he doesn't, I would also tell him that he could join a different server so he wouldn't be offended by the player. But the player that was offending him, I'll warn him.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would kindly ask the micspammer to stop. If he doesn't cooperate, I would mute him for 30 mins.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If one of the admins were admin abusing, I would warn him/her. If they won't cooperate, I would make a report about it. I would also ban him until the higher officials has a solution to solve it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join and see if the player is actually speed hacking. If he is, I would most likely perma-ban the hacker. If he isn't, I would tell the player who reported would get a warning. If it happens again, I would ban him for a couple of days for spamming the report.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the player that he doesn't have the authority of making a rule to the server. I would tell the player to read the rules and follow the rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would just stay in spawn and relax. If he laughs at me, it doesn't matter. He didn't do anything wrong to be kicked or banned. He's just playing the game correctly.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell the player that's complaining to stop and convince him/her to calm down. If they won't cooperate, I would gag/mute them for 30 mins or an hour for spamming.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would warn the player who's giving god mode. I also would warn the player to not give anything to someone that claims they're admin. If the player who is impersonating as an admin doesn't cooperate, I would ban him for impersonating as an admin.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell it's just a game and that he did bought it. I also would tell him to relax and join a different server. He can come back later and enjoy the game.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define Admin Abuse as a person who thinks they have the power to do anything with anyone. It's like making the non-admin players to obey the admin. Admin Abuse happens by going to their spawn and killing them, using God Mode while killing, noclip to spawns, and using infinite ammo to spam pipes or stickies.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
If I got accepted, I would be happy. I would follow the rules, being responsible on the server, helping people to be successful, and enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:38:56 AM by Grandpa Panda »
Whatever happens, Surfing is always the best. B)

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Grandpa Panda - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:49:27 PM »

Why would you rate yourself highly above average on the self assessment?
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:42:38 PM »

Why would you rate yourself highly above average on the self assessment?

The reason why I had those high because my personality is mostly being positive, and that I have great memory when it comes to things that is important. The Objective is around the middle because I don't go to the point that often.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »
I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Just out of curiosity, what did you base your definition of admin abuse off of? (I.e. personal experience, past observation, theory)

2. Which do you find more important in the following situations?

- During an event. (The enjoyment of others OR yourself)
- Handling a hacker report. (The word of others OR your own personal observation)
- Settling a dispute. (The feelings of you or others OR the proper actions to take)

There are no right or wrong answers.
AFK like JFK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »
I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Just out of curiosity, what did you base your definition of admin abuse off of? (I.e. personal experience, past observation, theory)

- Handling a hacker report. (The word of others OR your own personal observation)
- Settling a dispute. (The feelings of you or others OR the proper actions to take)

There are no right or wrong answers.

Answer:
1. Just out of curiosity, what did you base your definition of admin abuse off of? (I.e. personal experience, past observation, theory)?
   The base definition of admin abuse is when an admin uses his powers to control the server. They usually think they're the leader of the server.

Handling a hacker report and settling a dispute. The reason why I like to handle a hacker report is because I want to decide a punishment for the hacker. I want to take responsibility and teach them their lesson about hacking. Settling a dispute is also my favor because I want to find a solution to other people and I want to hear their opinion. 

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 06:55:59 PM »
Let me rephrase my questions.

1. What factors (ex. personal experiences, past observations) led you to define admin abuse the way you did?

2. Which one would you prioritize in EACH of the scenarios?

- If you were hosting an event.
-- Would you prioritize the enjoyment of others OR your own enjoyment?

- If you were handling a hacker report.
-- Would you prioritize what other players say about the hacker OR your own personal observation?

- If you had to settle a dispute.
-- Would you prioritize the feelings of others and your own OR the proper actions that you need to take?
AFK like JFK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 07:22:12 PM »

1. What factors (ex. personal experiences, past observations) led you to define admin abuse the way you did?

-- Would you prioritize what other players say about the hacker OR your own personal observation?

-- Would you prioritize the feelings of others and your own OR the proper actions that you need to take?

Answers:
   I've seen admin abuse as if someone that was an admin trying to control the server and keeping it to themselves. They want to have attention as being cool. They want to be the "King" of the server. They tend to kill people when they're using God or Buddha. They also would use infinite ammo to spam their weapons.

Which one would you prioritize in EACH of the scenarios?

The Scenario I would choose is handling a hacker report. I want to see what is the hacker doing before I make a decision of a punishment. The most common punishment is perma-banning the hacker. I want to cooperate the hacker first before punishing the hacker. Either way, the hacker should be punished for his action, but I want to teach the hacker a lesson.

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 04:02:40 AM »

Answers:
   I've seen admin abuse as if someone that was an admin trying to control the server and keeping it to themselves. They want to have attention as being cool. They want to be the "King" of the server. They tend to kill people when they're using God or Buddha. They also would use infinite ammo to spam their weapons.

The Scenario I would choose is handling a hacker report. I want to see what is the hacker doing before I make a decision of a punishment. The most common punishment is perma-banning the hacker. I want to cooperate the hacker first before punishing the hacker. Either way, the hacker should be punished for his action, but I want to teach the hacker a lesson.
I think he wanted you to answer each one of those. Not just the one. So could you please do that?
Tiny Baby Legs

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »

Answers:

I think he wanted you to answer each one of those. Not just the one. So could you please do that?

Oh I might've misread, but of course.

I would mostly want the other people to have fun. Doing giveaways from my inventory, doing fun stuff like fighting bosses from the shop is also fun. Bosses helps us build cooperation and friendship. I want to have everyone to be respected, be friendly, and have fun.

Like I said before about the hacker report, I want to keep the server from hackers. Hackers needs to be taught a lesson. They need to have a talk about why it's not okay to hack and hopefully they'll learn after their punishment.

I would like to know what the other people feel before I state my opinion about the situation. I would like to have an idea of my own about the punishment that someone is doing wrong. I want to have someone's opinion too. Their opinion matters about what's right and what's wrong. They deserve to state what they want to say and I want to decide on what is right for everyone.

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 09:10:17 PM »
Trust me, when it comes to hackers their kids on alts, if you try to talk to them they will leave and return on an alt, its best to just get rid of them then they can post their appeal if they want to, which when hackers join our servers they don't care they just want to annoy everyone, ive tried talking to them they don't listen, all they want is to get attention, trust me in saying this but its best for all of us just to ban them the ensure they don't hack on our servers, the only way they can prove they actually want to be on our servers, is if they post an appeal to be unbanned

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 07:57:42 AM »
Trust me, when it comes to hackers their kids on alts, if you try to talk to them they will leave and return on an alt, its best to just get rid of them then they can post their appeal if they want to, which when hackers join our servers they don't care they just want to annoy everyone, ive tried talking to them they don't listen, all they want is to get attention, trust me in saying this but its best for all of us just to ban them the ensure they don't hack on our servers, the only way they can prove they actually want to be on our servers, is if they post an appeal to be unbanned
I respect and understand your statement, Virus.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 07:52:09 PM »
   Like I said before about the hacker report, I want to keep the server from hackers. Hackers needs to be taught a lesson. They need to have a talk about why it's not okay to hack and hopefully they'll learn after their punishment.

Discussion isn't necessary when dealing with a player that uses a client for modding. When people are on accounts using programs like LMAObox and all-things related, they know exactly what they are doing and why they are doing it.

They're safe on an alternative account. You could easily make a new google email and steam within 5 minutes. There's no better solution than an ip ban. Some hardcore cheaters change their internet protocol before joining to avoid ip bans, but not everyone does it, which makes it the best solution to fight against modders.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 01:31:16 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK