• April 24, 2024, 07:36:12 PM

Author Topic: BunMuffin - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6366 times)

Offline Rykkie

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • When In Doubt, Chinese Takeout
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
BunMuffin - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I do not have any personal relations with any of the current staff members.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
US Pacific Time Zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was a the moderator of a Semi-popular discord server.
I have also volunteered in schools and worked with kids from grades 5th to 8th.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I play on the TF2SS servers quite a lot and I find it frustrating when somebody is breaking the rules and/or cheating and no admin is around to help resolve the situation. In those times I wish I had the ability to fix the issue and allow everyone back to having fun. The servers can be a nice place to duel, hangout or just screw around and I've been able to make lots of friends here.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I would be able to get online in the weekday evenings just about everyday for several hours. Aswell as large portion of the weekend. (unless I'm away from my computer for an event or vacation, in which case I would notify the other admins of this before leaving.)

B. On the forums?
I could be on the forums on most days so long as I have internet access

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on here for atleast over a year now. These servers are usually the first thing I check when I get online.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No, only english

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198048213743
-SteamRep

https://scrap.tf/profile/1734561
-scrap.tf
This one may not be needed but It's the main tf2 site that I use. I'm not sure how many other Tf2 rep sites there are so please let me know if I need to give the links for any others.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
No alternate accounts

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
The only time that I can fully remember where this happened was in middle school. I had been bullied physically and verbally for several weeks and at one point I had to leave the classroom and head outside because I was a few seconds away from climbing over the desk and losing my cool.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I personally feel like working with others is a strength. I've been told that I am a friendly person. My weakness would have to be that I get frustrated and give up easily. I often get upset with myself If I don't do as well as I had hoped at something.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 6
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Since It does state in the rules that racism is not allowed, I would ask the person to stop. If they didn't want to listen to reason and continued to make racist comments I would mute them and warn them that behaving like that again would result in a kick. I would make sure to let other admins know of this individuals behavior to make sure he gets to the correct punishment If he tries it on another admin.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If the remarks involve something that is not allowed on the server, they would be asked to stop, and muted if they continued. If the remarks were not agaisnt the rules, I would tell the offended players that what the others are doing is not agaisnt the rules. If the remarks are bothering them to the point that it ruins the game, I can teach them how to use the mute button.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Similar to the previous responses, they would be asked to stop and muted if they continued.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report the behavior to other server admins and record their actions. I could ask them to stop but they may decide to ignore me and I would most likely have no way of stopping them.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server and spectate the reported player. If I am unable to determine that they are without a doubt hacking, I would ask another admin for assistance in spectating.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell both players that those rules are false and you are only required to follow the rules posted on the server website. If the player kept up his threats he would be muted and warned.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would do my best to fight back and not get upset. Knowing me I would most likely use the !shop to escape to somewhere safe like in the hill or outside the fence.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to stop acting like that or risk being muted. Like the other situations I would mute and warn them If they continued.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
If the "godmode" they are advertising is a hack, I would tell them both that advertising that sort of thing is not allowed on these servers. If he is trying to trade a hat for credits to buy godmode, I would also tell them trading for credits is agaisnt server rules. If the player continues to ask players to trade them for godmode, they would be muted and warned.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that it's a part of the server and the other player wasn't breaking any rules.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
For me, admin abuse is using admin abilities in a way that they were not intended. An example would be giving yourself godmode or extra health to get revenge on an enemy player.  If you're only doing it as a joke and it doesn't affect other players gameplay experience, then it could be okay. (depending on the rules and what you do.)

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I hope that I am accepted and can help the other admins to enforce the rules and make sure everyone has a good time. I don't have much experience as an admin, but I've seen how its done and watched videos and talked with other admins. I feel as though I have a good understanding of how to correctly deal with other players as an admin.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:48:06 PM by BunMuffin »
Why have food when you could have communism?

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: BunMuffin - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 12:02:20 AM »
Please answer the following questions:

Since It does state in the rules that racism is not allowed, I would ask the person to stop. If they didn't want to listen to reason and continued to make racist comments I would mute them and warn them that behaving like that again would result in a kick. I would make sure to let other admins know of this individuals behavior to make sure he gets to the correct punishment If he tries it on another admin.

What if the player rejoins and continues to make racist remarks? What would you do then?
AFK like JFK

Offline Rykkie

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:16:10 AM »
Please answer the following questions:

What if the player rejoins and continues to make racist remarks? What would you do then?

Like with any event such as that, the next step would be a short ban. If the player rejoined after the ban had expired and continued, it would result in a longer ban. This would continue until either it reaches a perma-ban, the player agrees to quit the behavior, or the player stops joining. I know that some servers or situations require more than just a mod to issue a perma-ban, so I'd most likely get confirmation that it was a legitimate reason to perm before doing so.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 12:30:47 AM »
Like with any event such as that, the next step would be a short ban. If the player rejoined after the ban had expired and continued, it would result in a longer ban. This would continue until either it reaches a perma-ban, the player agrees to quit the behavior, or the player stops joining. I know that some servers or situations require more than just a mod to issue a perma-ban, so I'd most likely get confirmation that it was a legitimate reason to perm before doing so.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Good luck in the coming week.
AFK like JFK

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 09:34:05 PM »
7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:

1. How come you're no longer a moderator?

2. Is the server based towards a community? Can you provide any sort of website linking to the discord/community forums?

Offline Rykkie

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 09:52:13 PM »

1. How come you're no longer a moderator?

2. Is the server based towards a community? Can you provide any sort of website linking to the discord/community forums?

The discord was for a Rust clan that I was in back when I played a lot of Rust. We were one of those clans you see with huge bases that have tons of poorly built defenses and players who don't know everyone else in the clan. I left when the owner lost interest in the clan and stopped joining. There wasn't any sort of website for the clan other than the discord and the owners YouTube channel.

I could try and find the discord server, but I doubt it's still there after this much time.

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 07:36:46 AM »

Regarding the red/green colored numbers, why do you think you are the lowest (in all those) at logic and troubleshooting, and why do you think you are the highest (in all of those) at compassion, objectiveness, and creativeness?
I like salt

Offline Rykkie

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »

Regarding the red/green colored numbers, why do you think you are the lowest (in all those) at logic and troubleshooting, and why do you think you are the highest (in all of those) at compassion, objectiveness, and creativeness?

I don't feel like I'm an amazing troubleshooter. My coding knowledge is quite limited and I have been told that I will sometimes give up at trying something after I encounter my first problem. I've never had anyone tell me about how I am with logic. In my personal opinion, I feel like that part of me is lower on the scale compared to the other things that are listed.

I picked those three as the highest, because I'm often told that I can be a very friendly person. I care about my friends and want to make sure that they aren't left behind. In game I try to be helpful and friendly as much as I can. ( Even when certain players or events cause me to get frustrated.) If I'm passionate about what I'm doing then I try to take it very seriously and make sure it's done correctly. I've also always been a very creative person. I've been drawing, animating, filming and building for years. If you get to know me, that will be one of the first things you learn. I try to be creative in the way that I do things, so that it can be more enjoyable for me and anyone who is involved.

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »

I don't feel like I'm an amazing troubleshooter. My coding knowledge is quite limited and I have been told that I will sometimes give up at trying something after I encounter my first problem. I've never had anyone tell me about how I am with logic. In my personal opinion, I feel like that part of me is lower on the scale compared to the other things that are listed.

I picked those three as the highest, because I'm often told that I can be a very friendly person. I care about my friends and want to make sure that they aren't left behind. In game I try to be helpful and friendly as much as I can. ( Even when certain players or events cause me to get frustrated.) If I'm passionate about what I'm doing then I try to take it very seriously and make sure it's done correctly. I've also always been a very creative person. I've been drawing, animating, filming and building for years. If you get to know me, that will be one of the first things you learn. I try to be creative in the way that I do things, so that it can be more enjoyable for me and anyone who is involved.

Thank you for your response :)
I like salt

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 02:51:39 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 1 month has passed (7/10/2017).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:07:21 PM by Psykotik »
AFK like JFK