• April 26, 2024, 07:29:39 PM

Author Topic: Penguins Don't Speak Chinese - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Penguins Don't Speak Chinese

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
none

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My number one goal in this community is teach everyone to have fun and keep the community as strong as possible.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
5-6 hours a day

B. On the forums?
1 hour

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
2 years ago

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198135855678
(my VAC ban was on unturned when my account got hacked.)

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
None

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
My first girlfriend who I was with for 3 years moved away when
I was in high school. She meant the world to me at the time, and when she left I went through a deep state of depression. I realized that I couldn't live like this and got my shit together and it never bothered me since

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths- Sense of humor, Problem Solving
Weaknesses- Multitasking

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 5
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I have no tolerance, they would get muted.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
My sense of judgement is fairly good, so if I didn't find it offensive then it probably wasn't, but if it was offending another player I would ask them to stop, and if continued I would mute him.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
ask them to stop, If they say no, I would mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report it to someone of a higher rank.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would check for proof of speed hacks, and if proven true I would ban them.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell him he it's not his decision to decide who gets banned.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'd retaliate and fight back, maybe even teach them a lesson.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
mute them if he's bothering people.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
inform them it's a scam and they shouldn't trade with [username]

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
It's just a game. If he was allowed to buy things from the shop to kill other players, he can too

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I would define admin abuse as unnecessary banning, slaying players who haven't done anything wrong, muting people for the sake of muting them

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
If my application gets accepted I look forward to playing on the servers and helping the community.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:36:57 PM by Penguins Don't Speak Chinese »

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Penguins Don't Speak Chinese - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 08:13:50 PM »
I suggest for the sake of the application, you revise your application. Check grammar, check some responses. Danke.
I like salt

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 08:22:31 PM »
Can you give the full story behind your Vacc ban? I know you stated your account was hacked but is there any more detail behind it?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:23:51 PM »
Requirements
  • You must not have any VAC bans.
    You must not have violated any of Steam's terms of conditions.
    You must have a public profile on Steam.
    You cannot have a suspicious SteamRep (too many VAC-banned friends, scammer friends, etc.)
    You cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted approximately within the last 6 months (exact duration depends on severity of the initial punishment).
    You must have at least a 6 month old Steam account.*
    You must have played at least 1 month on our servers.
    You must be at least 16 years old.
    You must have a microphone.*
    You must have have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2.*
    You must have a premium account on Team Fortress 2 (not a free-to-play account).*
I like salt

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »
Can you give the full story behind your Vacc ban? I know you stated your account was hacked but is there any more detail behind it?
Sure, I had some friends who knew my steam password and thought it would be funny if they went on a VAC secured game and got me banned.(some friends right?) Anyway, they knew I would be on vacation for a couple of days with my family, and long story short they signed into my account, turned on cheat engine and got me banned while I was away from home.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »
Sure, I had some friends who knew my steam password and thought it would be funny if they went on a VAC secured game and got me banned.(some friends right?) Anyway, they knew I would be on vacation for a couple of days with my family, and long story short they signed into my account, turned on cheat engine and got me banned while I was away from home.

Mind giving us a time when this happened? Not a specific day, but a close enough would do if possible, please.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 08:55:35 PM »

Mind giving us a time when this happened? Not a specific day, but a close enough would do if possible, please.
I think it was a little over a year and a half ago.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 09:18:11 PM »

I know it seems like a dumb question, but do you have any clear evidence to prove it was your friends that installed said scripts/hacks?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 09:20:48 PM »

I know it seems like a dumb question, but do you have any clear evidence to prove it was your friends that installed said scripts/hacks?
No, I don't have proof of that because they used cheat engine, but I might have proof of plane tickets I could send to show I couldn't had been online at the time I received the ban.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:32:04 PM by Penguins Don't Speak Chinese »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 12:02:27 AM »
Would you be willing to post and show the game you're VAC banned on?

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 12:09:25 AM »
guys im sorry but i dont trust this app.

1. he has a vac ban.
2. he hasnt replied for 4 days now and therefore hasnt provided any evidence to "justify" his vac ban.

also this app shouldve been suspended by now lol
AFK like JFK

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 12:14:01 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

You are currently banned from reapplying until you can provide more evidence to support your story.