• April 24, 2024, 03:00:44 PM

Author Topic: Rhino - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Rhino

• Forum Visitor
    • fakesocialjustice
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Rhino - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 28, 2017, 10:47:51 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Penny Fitzgerald (I know him and I have him added on steam)

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Standard Time (US and Canada)

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have previously owned a server. It was a long time ago and I dont regret the learning experience in dealing with people!

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
One of my goals is to further develop the community and make it better. Now I know I could do that without Game Server Admin but I would like to become an Administrator because I feel I could make it a safer and more fun environment for people to play on Swap Shop!

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend as much free time as possible on the servers 2-3 hours. I will dedicate time everyday to helping out on the servers and making sure everything is going okay!

B. On the forums?
I will stay on the forums periodically throughout the day! I could stay updated on recent posts and other business that is new on the forums!

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
2-3 years now. Its been a while!

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No I do not but I would love to learn Spanish!

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198211844827

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I own a bot account called [Bot] RagingRhino. Just a donation bot I use to mess around with! I also lost an account a long time ago but I cant remember the name or any information on it lol

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I lost my emotions when my grandparents had died from a drunk driving accident. I was furious and enraged and starting punching the wall. It was a very bad day to begin with and I used to be very close to my grandparents. I lost control of myself and I felt bad afterward. I coped with it by forgiving myself and what happened and have moved on ever since.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I personally consider a very good strengh of mine would be communication. Even though sometimes its hard to get my point acrossed once I do I back it with evidence and make sure that I am right! A very big weakness of mine is my creative ability. I would rather not talk about the atrocious drawings that I have made.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would politely ask the player to stop making the racist comments. If they continue on. I would gag them and tell them if they do it again I would mute them. A third offense a kick from the server

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would get both sides of the argument. Make sure I fully understand the group of players making the offensive remark and how they think it is not offensive. While making sure I fully understand the group that is offended by the remarks. Even though I myself do not find it offensive. I would try to see from both viewpoints and base my decision off the side that would be correct.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would gag them and tell them to stop with the mic spam. If the spam continues after the gag I would mute them for 5 minutes and tell them 1 more offense and they will be kicked.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell the owner or another higher staff admin. They would then check the logs and do the right thing!

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would logon the server making sure they dont know that I am on. I would spectate the suspected player and make sure I see them speedhacking and then kick and ban.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would notify the other player that the rule does not exist and tell the regular user and the other user that he does not have the ability to ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would politely ask them to stop dominating me. If they were to continue I would put myself in godmode and let them play the game by killing other people instead of me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would again politely ask them to remove the comments and stop. If they were to continue being mad and screaming in the mic I would mute them for 5 minutes and tell them that I would kick and ban the player if he/she were to continue

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would warn the server the regular user cannot give out godmode. I would later confront the player stating that scamming is not right and if it continues I would kick or ban.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That if you are slayed as the Headless Horsemann you can rebuy it. The Headless Horsemann is not in godmode and can be killed. It makes the game balanced.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse would be someone who is abusing the power of Administrator and use it against the players safety and overal fun on the server. Anything that impedes on the Server Rules and Administrator Rules would be considered admin abuse in my mind.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel pretty good about it. I would love to become a server admin on one of my favorite server and would love to help out!
~Rhino

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Rhino - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:16:38 AM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that due to your past history with SwapShop as well as discrepancies found within your application, we cannot proceed any further. In addition you are hereby not allowed to reapply for a position at SwapShop on this account nor any other account.

Hades
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:20:57 AM by Hades »