• April 26, 2024, 01:02:49 PM

Author Topic: Dbz The Pikachu - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Fuzzy Fire'chu | trade.tf

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • What state is the best at rap? Flo-rida! HAHAHAHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Dbz The Pikachu - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 04, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
16 and 11 months

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been left in charge of my younger cousins many times before, (ages 6 and 7) and was able to minimize the amount of conflict between them.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals in this community is to keep the server(s) fun for everyone to play, and to make sure that everyone follows the rules. I personally believe that at least one admin needs to be present more often. I would be honored to be that very admin.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
Lots of time. To be more specific, I regularly spend around 3-6 hours on these servers a day, I've loved playing on them since I first started doing so.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
It's hard for me to say exactly, but I can say with confindence that I've known about/played on your servers for well over a year. If I am ever absent for more than a few days, it's almost always because of issues in real life.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198086326684

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not have any alternative accounts that I own.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
A time in which I've lost control would probably be whenever I rage quit a game. It usually isn't often, but it occasionaly happens.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths would include: Staying level headed, being   friendly to people, enforcing rules if I have the power to do so, and being fair.

My weaknesses would include: I am sometimes considered annoying, I have trouble focusing sometimes due to ADHD, I talk quite often, and despite trying to avoid it I do occasionally become cocky.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
First I would say to him something like, "Hey, saying things like that aren't allowed here. Please stop." If he continues, he will be muted.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would appologize and refrain from saying whatever remark I had offended them with.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would deal with them by telling them to stop, then muting them if they don't listen.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them on the forums.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would try to witness it for myself before making any decisions.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Explain to the player who threatens the other that that rule doesn't exist.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would get frustraited, and probably rage quit. I would not abuse my powers as admin to make them stop.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ignore any insults directed at myself, and tell him to stop screaming. If he does not stop, I will mute him.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell him something like "No, no free god mode under any circumstances." If he ignores the warning, he will be kicked/banned.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
"It's not against the rules to slay a HH, just deal with it."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:36:34 PM by DBZ The Pikachu »
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Dbz The Pikachu - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 12:49:14 AM »

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would try to witness it for myself before making any decisions.
What will your decision be then?

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 05:23:46 PM »
If I confirm that the player is infact speedhacking, I'll ban him immediately.
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:06:53 PM »
If I confirm that the player is infact speedhacking, I'll ban him immediately.
Okay, thanks.

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 01:43:32 PM »
I have recently edited the section of the application that asks me to rate myself on certain attributes, raising a few of the numbers. I did this because when I first applied, and I reached this section, I felt like if I had all of the attributes rated too high it would seem like I wasn't being truthful, so I tried being more modest. However after reviewing my application again I realized that it's better to be more confident in myself and answer truthfully, so I edited it to be more accurate.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 01:45:18 PM »
Okay.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.