• March 28, 2024, 12:55:54 PM

Author Topic: ♋Zeus♋ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5186 times)

Offline Gummy Bear | Designer

• Forum Visitor
  • Always have a dream and keep it.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
♋Zeus♋ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:36:42 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Current Staffs: Lunarium
                      Sipow
Retired Staffs: RenoRaider (personally known)
                      Neon
                      Penny Fitzgerald (personally known)
                      Shh (personally known)

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time Zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I supervised a server three years ago called Fragging Adventures. It ended 2016 due to lack of staff, management, and the laziness of the owner. My responsibilities as a co-owner was to make sure the server was running smooth, making sure that the staff was doing their duty, and making sure that the players enjoyed it. It was successful for about a couple of months until the owner of the server decided to abandon it because of his laziness.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to hold this position because I want to make help the staff and help the community. Based on what I've seen, reports are coming through and sometimes some reports aren't being handled. Having more staffs that actually care about the server will benefit for everyone because that means each report that has been sent will have an admin respond to the reports and find a solution to deal with. Currently, some of the reports aren't handled immediately. This then leads to people leaving the server and may not return. I want to be an instant responder to help the report and resolve the situation.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I am willing to put three to four hours a day, based on any situations that occur.

B. On the forums?
I am willing to put a couple of hours a day reading through applications and giving feed-backs to what can be improved on.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I don't recall of how long I've been on this group. I know for sure that I have been on this group for more than three years.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Yes, I can understand Vietnamese. I am not fluent with speaking, but I can understand when someone speaks that language to me.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: ♋Zeus♋
|  steam3ID: [U:1:100092289]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:50046144
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060358017
| customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/PandaExpress99
|  steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198060358017

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not have an alternate account.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I have lost control of emotion when a girl used me back in 2016. I learn how to control my emotions by cruising daily to forget about the past and move on.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths are giving respect to others, ability to help others, and time management.

My weakness is organization.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If someone says something racist, I personally would mute them. There shouldn't be anyone that comments something racist to others. Everyone should be treated equally.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If someone finds something offensive, I would tell the person who said something that made the player feel offended to apologize. Even if it didn't really offend me, people may take it offensively and might start a fight or negative feed-backs to everyone.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If someone was mic-spamming, I would warn the player to stop mic-spamming. If he/she continues, I will mute them for 30 minutes. Each warning will increase in value of duration. Second warning will be an hour, third warning will be a day, fourth warning will be three days, etc...

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If another TF2SS was abusing their power, I will make a report in the forums, explaining how they're abusing their powers, and will let the high officials decide on what punishment is necessary.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would come in the server that is being reported, examine the player, and if it is true, I will immediately perm-ban him/her for breaking the rules of the server.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the user that is making fake rules to stop what he's doing before he will be punished. I will explain to him/her that he/she can't create rules that is already set. He/she does not have the power to create rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'll just join spectator really. If they mic-spam about how trashy I am, I will warn them to stop mic-spamming. If they don't comply, I'll mute them for 30 minutes and so forth.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will tell the player who is complaining to stop complaining. It's just a game. If he/she gets killed multiple times, he/she can leave or just join spectator. If he/she mic-spams about it, I will issue a warning to him/her and if he doesn't comply, I will mute him/her for 30 minutes and so forth.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell the player that is "offering" free god mode to not do that because he's scamming. If he/she doe not comply, I will ban him for a day for attempting to scam. If he/she repeats the offense, he/she wiil receive a longer duration ban.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will tell the person who's being slayed to join Spectator or simply leave. He/she has a choice and he/she can just watch people get slayed. He/she doesn't have to be on the team and play. He/she can simply just wait until the Headless Horsemann perk is finished.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define Admin abuse as a player that has the power to misuse his/her power to control the server. I simply think it's a person who will make people do what he/she demands to do and obey their orders.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
My feelings of becoming a Server Admin is unimaginable. I am willing to help the community.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:39:43 PM by ♋Zeus♋ »
Whatever happens, Surfing is always the best. B)

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ♋Zeus♋ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 09:13:49 PM »
Good luck in the coming week!
AFK like JFK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »
Thank you, Psykotik! :)

Offline dumb fuck

• Forum Visitor
  • Would suck a lollipop for 40$, hmu
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 11:15:45 PM »
Not sexist.
+1
fries are good

Offline Lewna :3

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 02:05:04 AM »
I know my opinion knows no hold, but I personally believe this is a very well written admin app, good luck! c:

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 10:30:22 AM »
Not sexist.
+1

Thank you for your feedback. :)

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 10:30:38 AM »
I know my opinion knows no hold, but I personally believe this is a very well written admin app, good luck! c:

Thank you very much for your feedback! :)

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 10:49:32 AM »
My strengths are giving respect to others, ability to help others, and time management.

What do you see useful in your strengths and how do you believe your weakness may hinder you?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 11:00:08 AM »

What do you see useful in your strengths and how do you believe your weakness may hinder you?

The strengths that I've stated is useful for important things. Being able to communicate with people in a polite way is helpful. I want to respect people the way that the should be treated. Helping others is important since new people are constantly asking tips and tricks of how to trade, how to play the game, etc... The final strength that I've stated is also important because I set a schedule of things that I need to accomplish.

The weakness that hinders me is that organization isn't the biggest things for me. I am not a "organized" person, but I do make time to organize my stuff. I try to improve it so it can help me in the long run. I understand organiztion is key for success.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 03:25:45 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (January 1, 2019).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK