• March 28, 2024, 10:48:31 AM

Author Topic: You need to show *all* the rules for all players.  (Read 4731 times)

Offline Minty the spicy Pikachu

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
You need to show *all* the rules for all players.
« on: October 14, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »
I am thuroughly disappointed in what happened today.

There was a *HUGE* fight between some players and an Admin today who had to kick someone for using !shop to slaughter people.

Everyone got on the admin, saying he's admin abusing, is a liar, is letting his emotions get ahead of him.

But here's the thing. I tried defending him. Except when I went to the rules, there was not a single mention of !shop abuse in sight. I joined in on calling him an abuser. Everyone agreed he made up this rule and is just salty for being !shop killed.

But.. I still tried one more time. He was insisting the rule's there, so I took a screenshot of the *entire* page and showed him he's "lying". And he found out there's rules about !shop abuse only *ADMINS* can see. Even this poor admin didn't know it. He showed us screenshot proof.

Everything got diffused. I defended him because he showed me screenshot proof and everyone apologized to him. But now everyone in the whole server agrees; you need to fix this shit. A huge battle went on because for WHAT EVER REASON, GOD KNOWS WHY, you decided to hide some rules from players.

It's not the admins fault, it's not the user's fault, it's who ever designed that thread's fault. No rule should be hidden from players. And this is why; Everyone in the server started sicking on one of your admins because it seemed like he enforced a rule that didn't exist at all. Infact one of the rules you DO show hints it's okay saying spawncamping and player focus is OK.

Fix this before it happens again or something worse happens. This admin said he's been getting witch hunted a lot because they feel he's abusing, when really, this WHOLE time you guys decided to hide some important info from the public. Extreme disappointment .

I will send screenshots showing the Admin's view and a normal User's view. This is awful and causes unnecessary miscommunication.

I have 2 imgur links to our screenshots. I would send them as images in files, but I guess in 2018 there has to be a 192 KB limit on a forum for this stuff. They'd be so low in res you wouldn't see the text.

User view: https://i.imgur.com/Y3Kn0uo.png

Admin's view: https://i.imgur.com/GG9b1MA.jpg

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: You need to show *all* the rules for all players.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 02:20:34 PM »
We would like to apologize to both Lox and the players involved for this unnecessary confusion and miscommunication. I have updated the Rules/Guidelines topic to better reflect our Administrator Guidelines. Between "Gameplay:" and "/report Usage:" should now be "Other Disruptive Behavior:" and "Notes:". I believe these will clear up future confusion and miscommunication and provide a more reasonable environment for everyone.

Thank you for your suggestion/feedback.
AFK like JFK