• March 19, 2024, 01:25:15 AM

Author Topic: /isg/winter - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4836 times)

Offline /isg/winter

• Forum Visitor
  • Big dumb man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
/isg/winter - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:34:42 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Lunarium, Trixy, NotAliasing, I kind of know Psyk0tik but not really, KAT and Gawain.

Known Trixy since before he became admin.

Known Lunarium for around a year and a half, same with Gawain.

Met Psyk0tik today.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
15, almost 16.

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Several GMOD servers (Play Free RP, my own server, a deathrun/murder server), my own TF2 server.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To help out as much as I can. Been playing on SS since ~2014-2015 and have been playing ever since. I love the community and the players and I feel that being able to help out wherever I could would be great for me and all the other players involved on SwapShop, and I feel that I'd be a responsible admin.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Probably a good amount since I'm coming back to TF2 and starting to play it again. Several hours a day, most likely.

B. On the forums?
Not entirely sure since I normally don't use forums, though I'll try and use them as much as I can. I'll likely take a good look at them every once and a while per day.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Since 2014-2015, so the past 4-5 years.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Unfortunately no, though I tried learning German and Russian at some point.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fparadoxandwinter%2F (My steamrep)

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198334422127/
("Sigma") - Edgy alt

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081334199/

Ok, this is my old account, it probably doesn't look so good due to the VAC but it wasn't related to TF2. I no longer use this account for obvious reasons.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Once whilst playing Fortnite, I died due to some other player besting me, and I got pretty angry, I proceeded to complain (complain is a bit of a lowball) to myself (not in game) and then force myself to do something else for a while so I could calm down.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths would probably my patience, cooperation, creativity, logistics and objectiveness, my weaknesses would probably be my politeness since I'm not always the most approachable person for a number of reasons and weirdly enough, my patience could also be a weakness of mine since I can also run out of patience very quickly.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 6
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute them for progressively longer amounts of time until a permamute and/or kick.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Simply ask them to stop since it makes other players uncomfortable, and mute them if they continue.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If other players are alright with it (myself included) then I don't respond at all, if no one wants to hear it, they get muted.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Take screenshots (and potentially a video) and report it on the forums and directly to Death.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Join the server, spectate the accused player and perhaps play against them to see whats going on, if the report is false then I move on and inform the reporter that said player isn't cheating, if they're cheating they get banned permanently.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Inform the user receiving the threats that such rules don't exist and tell the other player to stop or they will be muted.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
As annoying as it would be, nothing really. I guess I'd ask them to stop but otherwise there isn't much I can do about it. I could just join another server and they'd probably leave me alone.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Mute them if they continue for too long and even kick them, if they believe everyone else sucks and the server sucks, then they can play elsewhere.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Assuming you can customize ban durations (I'd assume yes) then they receive a week to month long ban depending on severity, though they would likely be muted beforehand. All of this comes after informing them that they're breaking the rules if they continue to do it.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Since it isn't against the rules, I inform the HH player to simply buy it again or just continue playing normally, since the HH player would eventually die or disconnect anyway.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Tyrannical or unruly use of power e.g.; using noclip, godmode or resizing yourself for an unfair advantage against enemy players and kicking, banning, or muting others for no reason.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel very excited about the possibility of becoming a Server Admin and would be pleased! Having been on these servers for years it'd be of great joy to me to help administrate for you!
Mickey Mouse loves Coppuh

Offline Trixmania

• a joker
  • Assistant Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • it's trixxy bitch
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/trixyboi/
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: /isg/winter - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 09:59:07 PM »
Another app so soon OwO is this a renaissance I smell?

Its a nice app, though bare in description of somethings still pretty good.
Simply ask them to stop since it makes other players uncomfortable, and mute them if they continue.

Mute them if they continue for too long and even kick them,

While there is nothing wrong with how you would punish the person would you please explain the thought process behind the making of such decision?

Other than that it is still a cool app

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:17:21 PM by Trwixxymania »
A jack of all trades but a master of none.
I'm screwed

Offline /isg/winter

• Forum Visitor
  • Big dumb man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 10:15:06 PM »
For the first bit of your review I probably should've elaborated lol. If they continued and went too far with it (clearly too far) then they would be muted.  For the other one, the mute for obvious reasons, since a toxic, loud and very annoying player should (or at least in my eyes) be muted, though maybe not a kick unless they started being super racist or something. I have a strong will to solve issues though admittedly I have gone a bit far on some small occasions though I normally underdo it actually lol

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 10:46:40 PM »
Technically, you cannot have any VAC bans on any of your accounts, but I'll let it slide since you haven't used the account in almost 3 years and the VAC ban is more than 4 years old.
AFK like JFK

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 11:02:53 PM »
I did a little research on you and have a question.

One of the guidelines state that you cannot have a negative reputation in TF2SS community, however looking at SS sourcebans you appear to have quite a reputation.

http://tf2swapshop.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:111155811&advType=steamid

Counting Comm and gag punishments issued on the same time and date as one offense, you already have 8 individual punishments in this community.

That's not all I found however, you have a ban in Dinkleberg's GMod for "Mass RDM" or random deathmatch. While not severe on its own, combined with another ban from another community named: harpoon gaming for "Repeated Use of Derogatory Terms" and the punishments from this community, you seem to have a history of not following a communities guidelines and rules.

My question for you is why should the staff of this community believe you have changed and deserve to be an administrator?

Hades

Offline /isg/winter

• Forum Visitor
  • Big dumb man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 11:27:33 PM »
All of the punishments handed down to me were punishments I wholly deserved and I'm not afraid to admit that. I was, admittedly, being a dick. Those Gmod bans were, of course, me being a dick, though for different reasons, as of then I had found the game to be boring, repetitive and, frankly, stale. So I just went onto some servers with friends and did whatever and got banned. I still view the game as being boring and repetitive but I don't do stuff like that anymore. I personally think that the staff of the community should see that I've changed and personally, I think I've changed as well, I haven't broken any rules in quite a while and typically I don't break rules, and I don't plan to anytime soon. If you don't think I've changed then I'll go out of my way to improve myself and prove that I've changed if need be, otherwise there isn't much I can do or say.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 01:53:33 PM »
I ask that you be specific when answering these questions. The more detail helps.

1. What would you say you have had to improve most upon?

2. What aspects of yourself do you feel still require improvement?

Hades

Offline /isg/winter

• Forum Visitor
  • Big dumb man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »
1. Politeness and rule following, though the rule-following bit is only really an issue on servers I think are bad, SwapShop isn't one of these servers.

2. Politeness and rule following are still sometimes issues, mostly my politeness. To try and improve them I simply try my best not to act out if I get mad at something, usually through breaks and just NOT being an asshole. Something else I'm working on currently is to better my troubleshooting.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 01:37:39 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (10-29-19).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK