• April 29, 2024, 03:42:33 AM

Author Topic: ACERS | noob - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4229 times)

Offline ACERS | noob

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
ACERS | noob - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:30:49 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Indochina Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've been mod on a Gmod server, TF2 trade server, contest server also admin on 2 Minecraft servers,.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to help the staffs manage the servers and also learn what it takes to be a good staff.I think I just want more experiences and help out everyone.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
As much as I can, weekends mostly.Most of the days I'll be on for a while.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Approximately 3~4 months, maybe more.Sorry, I didn't keep track

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198147852051

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I don't have any

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
On the 14th of July, I got into a fight with someone on   TF2SS server #22 and we used 'your mom' joke to offend each other.After that, everyone disconnected and then they rejoined.Later on, the fight continues until an admin came and told us to stop fighting.We stopped and both said sorry, now we're good

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths: somewhat mature, not sensitive, can solve problems quickly and fairly, calm

My weaknesses: sometimes I forget things, can lead to being annoyed if provoked too much

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 3
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
First of all, I would ask him/her to stop.If he/her keeps doing that, I would ask again.But if third times happends I would mute them for a period of time.Then if they go too far, temp ban or perma ban depends on their behaviors after warnings.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would tell them to take things not too seriously and tell them to ignore that,

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I'll ask them to stop for first time, second still giving them a chance to stop.But third time, I will mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Asking them to stop doing that would be my first choice and if they abuse too much, I would have to report that to Head-Admin or Owner

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Join the server and seeing it for my own eyes would be the first thing I'd do, if that is a in-game perk from shop or TF2 core then it's fine.And I'd talk to the one who reported that and ask him/her how that is a hack.On the other hand, if he/she is hacking, I'd ask them to stop first and kick if continues.Maybe a temp ban if needed.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the player being threatened to read the rules again and tell him that those rules which the one who is threatening him said is completely false.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I don't mind that but I would tell them to stop or just force perk GodMode on me so they'd stop.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
This is a really serious problem because it annoys others and even the staffs.So I tell them to stop and mute if the don't.Temp bans and perma bans will be used if taken too far

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would ask how they can turn on god mode and then tell him to stop tricking people into his scam.Kick, temp ban will be apply if continued

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I'd say ask others if they want to do that first, if they don't, then don't force them.

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ACERS | noob - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:35:37 AM »
G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I don't mind that but I would tell them to stop or just force perk GodMode on me so they'd stop.
Don't do that, we're not allowed. It's considered Admin abuse.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I'd say ask others if they want to do that first, if they don't, then don't force them.
Please re-read the question.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would ask how they can turn on god mode and then tell him to stop tricking people into his scam.Kick, temp ban will be apply if continued
You can just ban them. Scammers aren't tolerated.
One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:12:18 AM »
Don't do that, we're not allowed. It's considered Admin abuse.

As long as you don't interfere with the game i don't think it's admin abuse... IF it is than I abuse a lot. I enjoy taunting around in godmode.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 12:24:46 AM »
As long as you don't interfere with the game i don't think it's admin abuse... IF it is than I abuse a lot. I enjoy taunting around in godmode.
Godmode/buddha/noclip and anything else like that isn't allowed for any reason other than specialized events.

There's !shop and !friendly for that.

Offline ACERS | noob

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »
Thanks for your responses!I'm guessing I'll fail this application:'(

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »
No, don't worry about that. I was just informing Tory that using commands like godmode is typically unacceptable.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.