• May 01, 2024, 10:38:50 PM

Author Topic: Lord GabeN - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Lord GabeN

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Lord GabeN - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:52:27 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
While having not worked any admin positions in TF2 itself, I have been an admin for very popular minecraft servers, such as Phanatic MC.  I have also worked a moderator position on various internet chat boards, and have 'subbed in' for an admin on a local Steam Group.  I also am the admin of a steam group (Arkham Order) with my friends.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I really enjoy the TF2 SwapShop servers--they allow many people to have fun, make new friends, and more.  I would like to take another step into the community and help out any way possible.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
On the servers, (in summer) I would be able to spend about 5 hours a day.  During the school year, I would be able to spend about 2 hours a day and 5 hours during the weekends.

B. On the forums?
On the servers, (in summer) I would be able to spend about 5 hours a day.  During the school year, I would be able to spend about 2 hours a day and 5 hours during the weekends.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on SwapShop servers for about 4 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198159646457%2F

Here is also my Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gabenathan

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not have any alternate accounts.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I lost control on a Minecraft server because a group of friends decided to ruin other people's fun.  I lost control because there was a large amount of them (about 6) and I had to focus on one person at a time.  Therefore, damage was done.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I consider myself to be a strong leader who does what's best for the group, and I am willing to sacrifice many things for the benefit of others.  I believe my biggest weakness is that I can lose patience easily, depending on who is pushing it (like someone who is trying to annoy me by camping for a long time).

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would first give them a warning to stop.  If they do not, I would mute them (mic).  If they still continue in chat, I would gag them. If somehow, after all of this, I would ban them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would try to find out why the group is offended, then I would apologize and stop making the remarks.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would once again give them a warning.  If they do not heed it, I would mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report the TF2SS admin to a higher up, so they do not continuously exploit their power.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would first double check to see if said player is hacking.  If they were, I would immediately ban them.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would assure the threatened player that no such rules exist. I would bring up a rulebook so they know they are safe from a ban. I would then mute and gag the regular player so he/she could not threaten any other players, especially new ones.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would just try to play to the best of my ability, the group is giving me great training for 'sticky' situations.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would first give them a warning.  If they do not stop, I would mute them.  If they continue in chat, I would gag them. I would kick him/her because I doubt that anyone on the server would like to hear that. If he/she came back, I would ban them because I gave them multiple warnings (i.e. mute, kick) and they are ruining other players' experience.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I ban him/her at once.  They are scamming and that is a ban immediately.color]

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I would tell the slain player that the player who used the HH perk earned it, and that he/she could do the same eventually, and get revenge, so hopefully they can continue playing for fun.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:07:51 PM by Lord GabeN »

Offline Talmidge McGooliger

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Lord GabeN - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:06:06 PM »
"A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would first give them a warning to stop.  If they do not, I would mute them (mic). If they continue to make the racist comments in the chat, I would kick them."
You don't have to ban them, mute is for mic, and gag is for chat.

"E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would explain how [username] is speedhacking in the report then contact another admin who may have more experience."
You could just ban them. If a player is hacking, and you know that they are hacking, you can just ban them.

"F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would assure the threatened player that no such rules exist. I would bring up a rulebook so they know they are safe from a ban."
What action would you place against the regular user?

"H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would first give them a warning.  If they do not stop, I would mute them.  If they continue in chat, I would kick him/her because I doubt that anyone on the server would like to hear that."
What if they rejoin?

"I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell him/her to stop once.  If him/her didn't stop, I would kick him/her.  You shouldn't do that because in reality, you can earn credits by playing for godmode and hats are much more valuable, so it is a huge ripoff."
Scamming is a bannable offense.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Lord GabeN - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.