• April 19, 2024, 06:47:12 PM

Author Topic: MaskMan191 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Harry Slother

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
MaskMan191 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 25, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
United States Eastern Standard

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was a Operator on a Garry's Mod DarkRP server called Gamer's Salvation. I was promoted to Moderator and held that position until a big scandal with the staff manager, which led to the firing of all staff, thousands of dollars down the drain of Btc1322, the owner, and the eventual shutdown of the server.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals in the TF2SS community are to keep people from breaking the rules and to make sure people enjoy the servers as much as I do. I want to hold this position because TF2SS is my favorite TF2 community. I have made many friends on the servers and I hope that I, along with many others, can make more.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Starting August 5, I can only get on on weekends and school breaks, but I can get on almost anytime during those breaks.

B. On the forums?
Anytime from 5:45-6:45 Am and 3:00-9:00 PM on most weekdays and absolutely anytime on breaks from school/weekends.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I haven't kept track of how long I have beeen playing, but I estimate about a 6 months to a year.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=MaskMan191

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not own any alternate accounts.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I wouldn't say I "lost control". Instead I would say I gave a much more severe consequence because I thought one person was a higher-up. Someone was causing trouble on Gamer's Salvation and was being reported to staff. A lot. One of the staff members had a fairly common name and there was someone on with the same name. In the admin chat, this person reports the evil-doer and requests me to ban him. I ban him for 30 minutes, as operators can only ban for that long. I tell him don't come back for another 2 hours. He immediately rejoins after his ban is over then I kick him everytime he rejoins. I got an earful from the real higher-up, the one with the common name. I almost lost my position, but he understood when I told him my story and I got off with a warning.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths are that I will follow the rules and enforce the rules, unless a higher-up tells me otherwise. I will question their order first, though.
My weaknesses are that I can be a little bit too harsh at times and that I can be too lenient at other times.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would temporarily mute the person and give them a warning. If they continue, a longer mute. After that, permanent mute.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would give the offender a warning, if it continues, a short mute, then a longer mute, then a perma-mute.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Short mute, long mute, then perma-mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will report them in the forums and to other admins.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would warn the hacker then tell everyone to report if the hacker seems to be speedhacking. If enough people report, I will report him to Valve and ban him from the server.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will correct and warn the user that is threatening and make sure that both users read the rules thoroughly. If the threatening user keeps this behavior up, I will punish them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will let them be. In the server that I play on most, team balance is off. I will get angry but I will not punish them just for singling me out.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will tell them to leave the server if they hate it so much. If they stay and keep ranting I will kick them. If the player keeps doing so after rejoining, I will ban them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will immediately ban the person making the godmode offer and report them to Valve for scamming. I will also tell the person that was given the offer that they can't do that and that they are being scammed.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
If by slay you mean the console command "slay [username], I will apologize and try to help them get their perk back. If by slay you mean getting killed by another player, I will tell them that the HHH perk lasts until death.

Offline Harry Slother

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: MaskMan191 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 05:44:35 PM »
To clarify about my values (logical, etc.) those are how I am in real life situations. Those values can and probably will fluctuate depending on mood, time, and previous experiences.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »
I would temporarily mute the person and give them a warning. If they continue, a longer mute. After that, permanent mute.
It's pointless to warn them AFTER you muted them already. You have to warn them prior to making punishments.

You need to give out warnings first.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would warn the hacker then tell everyone to report if the hacker seems to be speedhacking. If enough people report, I will report him to Valve and ban him from the server.
You need to ban him from the server first so he doesn't get away and that he won't continue ruining other players' fun.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will correct and warn the user that is threatening and make sure that both users read the rules thoroughly. If the threatening user keeps this behavior up, I will punish them.
What "punishment" will you enact?

Offline Harry Slother

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 08:41:18 AM »
It's pointless to warn them AFTER you muted them already. You have to warn them prior to making punishments.

You need to give out warnings first.

You need to ban him from the server first so he doesn't get away and that he won't continue ruining other players' fun.

What "punishment" will you enact?
Of course I would warn the person first, that seems like something I wouldn't need to say. I have never had to deal with a hacker before, so some leeway in that area would be appreciated until I know exactly what to do. And punishments on impersonators will be a warn, then a kick, then a ban.

Offline Harry Slother

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:47:07 PM »
Soooo... Did I make the cut? No one has replied to the thread, but the application hasn't been denied. Yet.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »
Soooo... Did I make the cut? No one has replied to the thread, but the application hasn't been denied. Yet.

Applications are reviewed by staff in a separate board. Your application is still under review.

A decision should be made on: 8/1/15

But don't stop checking your application for questions.

Hades

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 01:32:33 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.