• April 28, 2024, 04:07:23 AM

Author Topic: Cipher-extra advantages Orange x7 map  (Read 11311 times)

Offline HeavySmasher

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Cipher-extra advantages Orange x7 map
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:38:27 PM »
I was playing TF2 on the Orange x7 map for a while and was doing fine until this admin named Cipher comes in as a soldier, using a black box that has extra effects of the Cow Mangler 5000. That was an unfair advantage due to the black box rockets only doing 270 damage to heavys, but then with Cipher's rocket launcher if he directly hit me, i would die rather than getting shot twice then dying.

-

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Cipher-extra advantages Orange x7 map
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:40:03 PM »
Our regular TF2SS Server Administrators do not have access privileges to editing their weapon's stats. Therefore, this cannot be possible.

Would you please elaborate on the situation more so other possibilities may be made?

Offline Flak & Shrapnel

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 11:44:39 PM »
As two other admins and I have said, the cow mangler effect was purely cosmetic, I wen't up against Cipher and had no problems besides his skill. Anyway I want to see a photo or video proving you were instantly killed as a heavy, maybe you had low health, idk. I just want you to know that's it's not safe to assume an admin has godmode / extra damage. I'm only an admin of a Gmod server so I don't know what it's like, but seriously I want proof.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 12:13:18 AM »
I was playing TF2 on the Orange x7 map for a while and was doing fine until this admin named Cipher comes in as a soldier, using a black box that has extra effects of the Cow Mangler 5000. That was an unfair advantage due to the black box rockets only doing 270 damage to heavys, but then with Cipher's rocket launcher if he directly hit me, i would die rather than getting shot twice then dying.

-

Hades

Offline Naughty Twilight

• Forum Visitor
  • Why so serious?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:16:48 AM »
As two other admins and I have said, the cow mangler effect was purely cosmetic, I wen't up against Cipher and had no problems besides his skill.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:26:15 AM by Cipher »
"Can't... you... just... play... along?!"

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »
Just to fully inform you of how it works. On the servers, we have an option where people can spend their credits in shop to buy VIP. VIP gives the player a bunch of aesthetics that the normal player does not have access to. One of these aesthetics is the kill aesthetic. As a VIP, when you kill people, you can make them explode, turn into gold, burn, disintegrate, etc.

Knowing this, that means that Cipher is a VIP (which is true because he is an admin) so he has the cow mangler disintegrate kill aesthetic on his black box. It does not change his weapon in any way to give him an advantage. It just looks different.

Plus, Orange x7 is an all crits server and cow mangler doesn't crit so that would be a downgrade if it wasn't aesthetic.

All in all, Cipher did not do anything to have an advantage over you in game. If you would like to test these features yourself, please feel free to buy VIP in the shop.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
The actual issue of the event has been found, and therefore Cipher did not abuse powers.

Topic locked.