• March 29, 2024, 09:06:05 AM

Author Topic: Cobalt-Kitsune - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Cobalt-Kitsune

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Cobalt-Kitsune - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 30, 2015, 11:08:23 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
16 (soon to be 17 , in November 16th)

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST Canada

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Fromer Admin on MGGN during, quite alot of time, I can't remember how long but, atleast 5-6 months, atleast.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
3-8 Hours.

B. On the forums?
About ... 30 minutes to 2 hours?

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
atleast 8 - 10 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FCobalt-Kitsune

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
Back on MGGN,  there was these 3 hackers, who all joined in and, just basicly started crashing random peeps (including me) and plain old hacking, (aimbot and stuff').

I fixed that by Permanently Banning them thru the server's console after restarting my computer. (2 minutes).

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Strength : I know the rules of every server i go on for atleast +2 weeks, so it include TF2Swapshop's, MGGN's,Kaabi's, and UGF Extended's.

Weakness : I sometimes love to screw around with hackers, just by going Huntsmen Sniper or having a pocket medic, godmode or, to my surprise when I found this, Rancho Relaxo makes they aimbot go numb, they'll be stuck to shoot at you and miss, aiming for the head as if you were standing.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 4

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute him/her, and if he rejoins to un-mute, kick, if he continues ban for 5-10 mins.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Ask the offended players in what it's offensive, and if so, mute the guy who said it (including myself, if, it will ever happen, wich, never happened to me)

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
hear them out for 30 seconds and say : Gr8 Mic Spam m8, then mute him/her.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Roport them to head staff.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Investigate if it's true then, if so, ban them. (Even so I haven't seen a speed hacker , but plenty of different hackers, both discrete and obvious)

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
(I love doing this) Explain that the rule stated does not exist and say to the threatened player that they cannot ban people, but I can.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Still play a Game, oh and, I am not the type of gamer who will shamelesly switch teams to get rid of a domination, and I like to have a challenge (ಠ⌣ಠ)
I have my honor.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Since I like screwing around with Hacker / Ragers, I may or may not mess around with him then mute him, after muting, I'll stop of course.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell to everyone that he's trying to scam them and WILL NOT OFFER GODMODE, and if they still wish to trade them, nothing will happen.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Laught in real life and not ingame, then give him back 3/4th of the points spent, if, I can that is, if I can't I'll say That, next time, if the player who slayed him continue, I'll slay the crap out of him. (I may actually do spend 3000 points only to slay a person like him).

Offline Cobalt-Kitsune

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Cobalt-Kitsune - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »
When I mean mute, It can also be Gaggin'

Oh and for #6 wich i Forgot , here it is :

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:18:01 AM by Cobalt-Kitsune »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
You're able to modify number 6 into your application. It's easy to just edit the application with the "Modify" button.

Offline Talmidge McGooliger

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »
"14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute him/her, and if he rejoins to un-mute, kick, if he continues ban for 5-10 mins."
No warning first?

"B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Ask the offended players in what it's offensive, and if so, mute the guy who said it (including myself, if, it will ever happen, wich, never happened to me)"

Again, you need to warn them first.

"C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
hear them out for 30 seconds and say : Gr8 Mic Spam m8, then mute him/her."
Needs a warning.

"F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
(I love doing this) Explain that the rule stated does not exist and say to the threatened player that they cannot ban people, but I can."
And what will you do to the regular user?

"H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Since I like screwing around with Hacker / Ragers, I may or may not mess around with him then mute him, after muting, I'll stop of course."
again, needs a warning before action is taken.

"I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell to everyone that he's trying to scam them and WILL NOT OFFER GODMODE, and if they still wish to trade them, nothing will happen."
You should probably ban that player for scamming, or attempting to scam.

"J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Laught in real life and not ingame, then give him back 3/4th of the points spent, if, I can that is, if I can't I'll say That, next time, if the player who slayed him continue, I'll slay the crap out of him. (I may actually do spend 3000 points only to slay a person like him)."
Sadly, you are not able to give credits back to people. And you would punish a player for dealing with something they don't like?

Overall watch your grammar/spelling, and give warnings before taking action, unless it is a hacker.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.