• April 24, 2024, 08:25:50 PM

Author Topic: Hobo233 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3671 times)

Offline Hobo233

• Forum Visitor
  • My name is Hobo233 and I like to Conga
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Hobo233 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 31, 2015, 01:59:27 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Was an admin on Teh Build Box #2 Server on Garry's Mod.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would want to hold this position to have fun with fellow players and help them out. People who hack and ruin the game are on frequently and so am I so I would like to help out the good players on these servers and make sure everyone is having fun.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Around One hour to three hours a day.

B. On the forums?
All day if I have my phone charged

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have Eight hundred and twenty hours on Team Fortress two and I'm prety sure i've spent HALF on this server. If there is any way for me to find out the exact number please let me know.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198071670285

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I have lost control twice as I recall. The first time was one of my first expiereances at TF2, when I was dominated once by a whole entire team. This was 100% my fault at the time because I was terrible at the game. The other was when a player kept buying noclip+timebomb and blew up my engie nest in the race car area three times.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My Strenghts include-
-Being able to hear out both sides of a situation
-Being online frequently
-Being able to handle a situation without the assistance of other administrative personnel.
-Enough logic to calm someone down.
-Eight hundred and twenty hours of Team Fortress Two experience.
-Known knowledge of many team Fortress Two communities, trade hubs, raffle hubs, and esc.
-Mostly online during the busy hours of the server and early in the morning(12:00am-3:00am)

Weaknesses-
-Very small patience when it comes to dealing with trolls/hackers/micspammers. To put it simply I have no respect for those who knowningly try and ruinany player's fun.
-A little bit of a foul mouth,mostly used in a good way and not insulting people.
-Sometimes not able to go online for a week at a time due to long vacations. During July every yearr I am gone for a month.
-Not too good with Server Plugin coding.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them 2 warnings to please stop. After that I would kick them and if said vulgar behavior continued I would ban them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would see things their way and judging by the current situation I would decide whether they were truly offended or just trolling.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give them a warning and then mute them. If they apologized sincerely I would unmute them but if they just apologized for the sole reason of mic spamming again I would ban them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would reprimand them, if they continue I would have to contact someone of higher administrative power if I am not able to handle the situation on my own.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Quickly rush over to acess the situation and judge whether it was a true claim or a false one.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would explain to that regular user that said rules are not in place by the TF2SS administration and that the banning and judging of rulebreaking should be left to the administration

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Play the game or simply ignore them and Conga line in spawn. I'm not too good at the game anyway.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them that if they unfortunately do not enjoy the current server experience that another trade server would best suite their current gaming needs.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would reprimand said regular player and tell them that scamming is punishable by banning, and ban them if they did scam a player.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Even the HHH is able to die sometimes. Please do not complain over it, and if you really thought your credits were scammed here is something to get you back on track. I would then procede to transfer 500 credits to said player, because I hardly use the shop.
GMAIL:[email protected]
OR
llandaeta9gmail.com

Offline Hobo233

• Forum Visitor
  • My name is Hobo233 and I like to Conga
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Hobo233 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:26:00 AM »
And before I get a funny look Teh Build Box is actually spelled with "teh". Not "The", "Teh".
GMAIL:[email protected]
OR
llandaeta9gmail.com

Offline Naughty Twilight

• Forum Visitor
  • Why so serious?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 02:52:02 AM »
Requirements
No previous VAC bans.
You must not have violated any of Steam's terms of conditions
Must have at least a 6 month old Steam account (approximately).
Must have played at least 1 month on our servers (approximately).
Cannot have more than 3 Steam friends marked as SCAMMER.
Cannot have a suspicious SteamRep (too many VAC-banned friends, scammer friends, etc.)
Cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted in the past.
Cannot have a private profile on Steam.
Must be at least 16 years old
You must have a microphone.
You must have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2

"Can't... you... just... play... along?!"

Offline Seventeen

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:13 AM »
I agree with Joker, This player has not met the requirements so I vote No. Sorry Bud.

-Bubsy 8)
A persons character is not measured by what one has done wrong but, how one has learned from said mistakes. (Seventeen)

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 01:10:26 PM »
App closed.

Does not meet requirement of 16 years of age (implemented on the 30th).

You may re-apply once you've met our requirements.