• April 16, 2024, 12:52:23 AM

Author Topic: >C:\Scratch_ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4155 times)

Offline >C:Scratch_

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
>C:\Scratch_ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:12:46 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time (UTC-06:00)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've had experience as another server administrator for another TF2 gaming community, Reflex Gamers.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Well, I basically want the servers to be orderly, while still maintaining a fun experience for all players who stay within the guidelines and use common sense. I think it's important for people to come onto servers and have a good time, mainly. But unfortunately, some players kind of prevent that from happening. I suppose I'd aim to keep it more civil and up-to-code, but still remaining kind and patient during whatever issues I face. One of the admins, Rneuby, claimed that he thought I'd be great for this position, as well as a couple of other players I meet on the servers. That's why I think I would be fitting for the position of a server admin.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
6 hours a day at the very least, but I'm always willing to come online when there's nothing mandatory in my way. (I can't exactly leave school whenever I want to, for instance.)

B. On the forums?
If I'm available to play on the servers than I'm almost definitely able to visit the forums, so the same thing applies here.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I started playing on them about 5 months ago, I believe. I usually would just join every now and then but recently I've been hanging around a few of those servers almost whenever I can.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198052011711

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
Well, a year or two ago I used to be overall offensive and rude, not really caring about guidelines or rules or whatever if they were existent. I remember getting kicked a few times from some servers, just being an overall nuisance. But I learned to get over myself and use common sense, and now I realize that there's really no point in behaving like that since no one gains from it.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I consider myself to be really kind, to the point of simply giving things away just so I can make others happy. I don't freak out over simple arguments or struggles I have to face, since there's usually a simple fix to them. Despite my kindness, I can be strict and assertive when I need to be. My only relevant weakness would have to be when both sides of an argument are guilty of doing something wrong and insist that I pick a side. But if I were an admin, I suppose that wouldn't be an issue since I could put a stop to the arguing in general.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 6

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Well, I'd warn them, to start off. If that doesn't work, I would mute/gag them temporarily, then permanently if it continues after the temp lifts.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Ask the offender to stop. He's clearly hurting the feelings of others, so of course he'd be in the wrong, even if I can't see it, myself. Should he persist, I would mute/gag him so he learns a lesson.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn them, as well as notify other players of the mute option on the TF2 menu screen, just for future reference. If the offender fails to comply, I would mute them for myself and everyone else.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them to the Admin Abuse section of the TF2SS forum and let someone with higher authority handle the issue.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Depends on whether or not he was actually cheating. If he was, I would probably ban, but if he wasn't then I would take action against the person who summoned me. If no one was cheating, I would personally discuss it with the person who called me, in order to make sure if they legitimately thought the other person was cheating. I'd also question other players if they saw anything. If they just set it all up as a joke I would warn them about not abusing the act of calling in admins.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Inform him that such rules don't exist and politely ask him to stop hassling the other player. If he continues, I would kick him, since he's not technically breaking the server rules, but he's still acting as a nuisance and annoying others.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Just let whatever happens, happen. It's a video game, after all. Not like I need to get all upset and take drastic measures  when someone is beating me. If they were doing it to another player who had no right to be put through that, I would take action against the offender(s) for harassing an innocent player.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Kick 'em, they clearly just said they didn't like the server anyway. Not like it makes sense for them to be sticking around if that were the case.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn them and notify other players of how they're lying to them, then kick or ban if they persist with the act.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that it's fair, since they could also just buy the perk and do the same thing to the slayer just as easily. Heck, I would even donate my credits to them so they could buy it, if they asked.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:26:14 PM by >C:Scratch_ »

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: >C:\Scratch_ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:43:33 AM »
This guy could make a nice addition to the administrators bring some life to more of the trade servers very polite too.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »
B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Ask the offender to stop. He's clearly hurting the feelings of others, so of course he'd be in the wrong, even if I can't see it, myself.
What if the offender ignores your warning?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Depends on whether or not he was actually cheating. If he was, I would probably ban, but if he wasn't then I would take action against the person who summoned me.
What action would you take action the reporter/summoner if the hacking was false?

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Inform him that such rules don't exist and politely ask him to stop hassling the other player.
What if he continues hassling the other player?

Offline >C:Scratch_

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 01:21:05 PM »
Ask the offender to stop. He's clearly hurting the feelings of others, so of course he'd be in the wrong, even if I can't see it, myself.
What if the offender ignores your warning?

Depends on whether or not he was actually cheating. If he was, I would probably ban, but if he wasn't then I would take action against the person who summoned me.
What action would you take action the reporter/summoner if the hacking was false?

Inform him that such rules don't exist and politely ask him to stop hassling the other player.
What if he continues hassling the other player?

I have modified my post to clarify my answers, apologies.

Offline Rompo squill-maiden

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:03:17 PM »
I can vouch for Scratch all the way. He's a generous and kind player but is also firm when it comes to more serious matters. I recommended he apply for administration because I think he is perfect for the SwapShop community and I think he will fit in nicely with the rest of the staff :P.

-Neuby

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:04 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.