• March 28, 2024, 10:50:04 PM

Author Topic: Knee Socks - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Cat Feets

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Knee Socks - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:48:10 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
2 counts of adminship on gmod server
1 count of adminship on a Minecraft server
1 count of adminship on a TF2 server
Multiple counts of jobs in real life
Knows a decent amount of commands to source games
Is familiar with admin commands and admin menus

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to make these server better by bringing peace to the servers when there is excessive capping/people being unruly and unstable

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
I plan to spend around 3-5 hours a day on the forums/servers

My schedule tends to change so I can be availible anywhere from 3-5 hours to 5-8 hours

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing on the servers for about 2-3 years by now

9. List a reputation thread here (if you have one, it may be simple as your steamrep url):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097877601

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I only have 1 alternate account name Arisha, but I haven't gone on that account in a while

I do although go by Foxlet as well, the name that I have put on this form is the name that I have gone by for a few days and have no play on changing the name for a while.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
A time in which I have lost control is when people kept on picking on me on the internet and in real life,  I didn't have any real escape from it because my unwinding method is to go on games such as TF2 or Vindictus and just play until I get bored. The way in which I lost control is I just started yelling at people and started saying a bunch of absurd and profound statements that weren't even true and often hit the people that it was directed towards hard.

12. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 7

13. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute them and give them a warning, depending if they were talking over the mic.

If they were talking through chat, I would gag them.

I would then tell them that I have gagged/muted them for the time being and will unmute/ungag them after 10 to 30 minutes.

If the same user continues to make racist remarks I will perma-gag/perma-mute them

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would ask the player who has made the remark to try and not do it again, if he does it's a mute/gag.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask the server if they agree with the micspam and if the majority of the server agrees/disagrees with the mic spam I will act accordingly and mute/allow the player to micspam.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will record it, make a thread on the forums and post the video on there if the admin has been unruly and severely aggressive with their power.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would stop everything I am doing, join the server and take care of the hack, see that the reported player is one. If said player is not a hacker I will warn the person who made the report and I will either kick them/ban them depending if they have any known history of abusing the report bots

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the player that these rules do not exist and kick/ban them for impersonating an admin.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will go into god mode/friendly and deny them of the kills that they would get on me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If the player calls me an asshole I will tell them that if they don't like me then they can just leave me alone or leave.

If the player says the server sucks I can just tell them to leave, and if they start advertising other servers I will ban them

If the player continuously threatens those that kill them I will simply mute them/gag them

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tempban the player on the spot for impersonating an admin and help the players that were getting scammed by telling them that no one will give free commands for items.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I will tell the original player that it's their credits, they should spent them wisely next time.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Knee Socks - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 12:59:23 PM »
You have failed to realize that we have stated multiple times that we are not taking applications. Within the application posting section, I have a post that goes into full detail for why we are not accepting applications right now. There is also a post called "Applications are currently SUSPENDED" which means we are not currently accepting them. As for right now, I will not read and critique this and we will move it into the denied applications section. If you would like to apply again when we are accepting applications, you may.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Knee Socks - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop.

Unfortunately, we are currently not taking applications but are glad to see that you are eager for a position in our community. When applying is once again available, you may re-apply.

As a result, your application is denied and you must manually post a new application once we are accepting new applications if you still wish to apply.

Topic locked.