• April 28, 2024, 08:03:16 PM

Author Topic: Dauthlin - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Dauthlin

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Dauthlin - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 27, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
UK

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None / never tried before.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to hold this position because feel like as a regular player on this server and a reasonably well known one. I like to be able to personally deal with the rare problems that annoy and aggravate many people on the server. I feel that when people who attempt to annoy others who are on the server for no other reason then to gain a reaction is incredible irritating to watch and be forced to put up with, I understand that in most situations a admin would be notified but in the rare assurance that no one is available it would be wrong to allow such behaviour.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
99% of my time playing TF2 so  properly about 10 hours a week.

B. On the forums?
Just made the account so I honestly cannot say but it would be enough to make sure I had done everything needed of me.  

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I wouldn't know exactly but I would expect at least 6 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
None

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
As I have never been a admin on a server before I cannot say how this may differ from the issues the arose then and how I dealt with them, but I would assume it would of been on a Crits server I used to use where they allowed moving level 3 sentries and that was something that made the game really frustrating I think I just was angry in general on the chat.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
                               Strengths
I am normally calm and a passive player, I will get involved in chats when someone interesting talks, I am willing to throw away my score to have fun instead.

Weaknesses
I like to try to be the best on the server and sometimes try to hard, I can get frustrated when I feel like I am being Trolled, Sometimes when I am in a bad mood I can act rashly .

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Warn them once and if they kept doing it I would mute because no one wants to hear that sort of thing and they don't deserve more chances.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would ask the offended side why they felt offended and try and understand if they are being reasonable, if I feel like the offended have made a fail case I will warn the people/person who made the remarks if they kept doing it I would mute them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
warn once then mute

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would judge how bad what they where doing is and if it was making the game unenjoyable for the other players, then I would ask them politely if they would stop and if it continued I would report them through the forum.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would look at there steam profile to check there level and years in steam and if there have been any VAC bans on the account before, then I would log into the server in question and spectate the accused person and look to see if they have bought a item which would explain the report. Then I would see if they where hacking in some way and if I believed they where I would ban them.  

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would first post a link to the actual server rules and explain to the other players that the rule in question does not exist. After that I would leave the situation unless the same player did it again in which case I would warn once then mute.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would ever leave the server or I would try my best to ignore it, it isn't against any server rules

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
warn once then mute as they are breaking rules 8,4,2

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell them politely that if they should stop asking for hats and if the continue then I would warn once more then i would mute for begging and spamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would say that I was very sorry that it had happened and that I would warn the player who did it although I cannot repay the person who got slayed.Then I would warn the person who did it for trolling and if they kept trying to annoy people I would mute them

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Dauthlin - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 04:17:43 PM »
When does your birthday roll around?

Offline Dauthlin

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »
October so still quite a long time

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »
My main concern. Might be met with a problem.

As for the rest here, I will review and ask for questions and clarification here:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
UK
The UK has a few time zones, possibly find out which one that is? (Google is the best option.)

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
99% of my time playing TF2 so  properly about 10 hours a week.
How much time would you be able to spend in a single day?

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
None
Please List your SteamRep profile link.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would judge how bad what they where doing is and if it was making the game unenjoyable for the other players, then I would ask them politely if they would stop and if it continued I would report them through the forum.
What do you consider in Your eyes to be abuse, and what is not abuse?

These are just a few questions and concerns me or some other Admin might have. Please take your time into answering each question.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 04:43:50 PM »
3. Age:
When does your birthday roll around?
You are 10-11 months behind our requirement for being 16 years old.

Application denied.

You may reapply once you have met our requirements.