• April 28, 2024, 05:52:46 PM

Author Topic: Toriel Dreemurr - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Toriel Dreemurr

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Toriel Dreemurr - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:44:50 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Unfortunately, I do not have any note-worthy experiences of being an admin on servers. Though I have been admin on a Garry's Mod server, though it was a password-protected server so not as much people would be on compared to this. 

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To protect the servers from hackers and or attackers, and keep a fun environment for everyone.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Most of my time would be spent on the servers in all honesty, either just playing or patrolling the servers for a bit and then doing something else.

B. On the forums?
If I am needed on the forums, I'd gladly go onto them and check up on the forums when I can.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I believe I started playing on these servers for quite some time, perhaps at least a half year if my memory serves me correct. I've grown somewhat well known to the community, mainly #20 Trade_plaza 2 to be specific, as most of my time is spent there. However I've not a great memory, so this one I wouldn't trust me on.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198024301041

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have no alternate accounts.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
When I was ten years old I didn't get a toy in toys r us and I threw a temper tantrum. I don't lose control in games, in all seriousness.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I'm a very calm individual, joking around a lot, but I know when the time is to be serious and when not too. Although sometimes I do tend to take jokes too far, but those are mainly verbal things. While those are still bad, I've started to correct myself before finishing whatever stupid thing I'd be about to say. One weakness worth mentioning is I've an AWFUL memory, mainly simple things though.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would kindly give them a few warnings, if they do not comply and people do tend to find it offensive I would mute them for about a minute and see if they have calmed down a bit. If not, then I will mute them for another minute, and so on.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would react the same way I would with my answer above.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
All I could really see myself doing is asking him kindly to stop, if he does not comply then I wouldn't find it reasonable to mute him, so I would issue  a votemute to make it fair on his part. If the standards haven't been met and most of the server still has problems with it (Vote not being met due to idles) Then I will mute him.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would first confirm such a thing, ask the admin to tone it down a bit. If the admin doesn't comply then I would contact other admins and or the owner via steam/forums.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Head to the server to inspect, join spectator, and spectate that user to see any suspicious activity. If it is confirmed that he is speedhacking, godmode, etc then I will **Ban him from the game.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Explain to that user that it's simply not against the rules to do whatever it is they are doing.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Tip my hat to them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'm not going to take such a thing, I wouldn't use any admin powers but I would defend myself in a calm and civil manner if needed so.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Looking into the comment down below, I've thought about this and well, scammers shouldn't really be tolerated on the server and I'd imagine if someones doing so, let alone trying to mislead people for such a thing that would end up as an instant kick, perhaps even a ban.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Tough luck.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:07:13 PM by Toriel Dreemurr »

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Toriel Dreemurr - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:42:48 AM »
I think this is a good app c: It's nicely done, and well thought out. But I can already see a few things, that you'd be questioned on. But other than that, I hope things work out for you. ^~^
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 01:53:58 PM »
H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'm not going to take such a thing, I wouldn't use any admin powers but I would defend myself in a calm and civil manner if needed so.
So a person is slandering our servers, and causing mayhem and grief all around him, and you won't take any action against him?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Depends on the situation. I cannot act out of suspicion, as if he WAS innocent, it would be a pointless kick for nothing. So I would change my tag and name, come back, and trade something to see what he does. If he DOES somehow give me godmode, then I would kick him from the game. However if its a scam, then well... Theres not much  I can do about that, not like I'd give a good hat anyway.
A player is asking for hats in return for godmode. The question goes as simple as that. There is no way for one to receive godmode other than a shop purchase for themselves, or an Administrative command. As for the scamming, what exactly do you mean there isn't much you could do about it? If you traded actual items to these people, and dealt with 10 of them a day, you'd go broke. Scammers are also not tolerated and are met with punishment at all times.

Please try to re-evaluate these questions and to attempt to make them more clear as to what it is you were attempting to say.

Offline Toriel Dreemurr

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 05:48:31 PM »
So a person is slandering our servers, and causing mayhem and grief all around him, and you won't take any action against him?

Depends on the situation. I cannot act out of suspicion, as if he WAS innocent, it would be a pointless kick for nothing. So I would change my tag and name, come back, and trade something to see what he does. If he DOES somehow give me godmode, then I would kick him from the game. However if its a scam, then well... Theres not much  I can do about that, not like I'd give a good hat anyway.
A player is asking for hats in return for godmode. The question goes as simple as that. There is no way for one to receive godmode other than a shop purchase for themselves, or an Administrative command. As for the scamming, what exactly do you mean there isn't much you could do about it? If you traded actual items to these people, and dealt with 10 of them a day, you'd go broke. Scammers are also not tolerated and are met with punishment at all times.

Please try to re-evaluate these questions and to attempt to make them more clear as to what it is you were attempting to say.

Apologies, thanks for bringing this to my attention and correcting me. It should be better now, as I've decided to re-think that question.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.