• April 28, 2024, 03:46:53 PM

Author Topic: DeeBeeGee - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Revive by snu snu

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
DeeBeeGee - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 12, 2015, 06:37:10 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Brisbane, Australia ‎(UTC+10)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
N/A

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want this position so i can welcome newcomers to the servers and to be friendly in or areas in the game.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
2/3 hours depending if i will be on or not

B. On the forums?
5 Hours

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
3/4 Months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043796699

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
When i was in grade 6 It was raining, pouring like hell. So my class stayed inside, it was so cold i shivered. One  of my classmates started teasing me then i lost it at him using my fist as anger making him bleed. then i walked away.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Strengths friendliness and market gardening. Weekness rage

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 4
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 3
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i would give him a warning and if he still does it ill kick him for a couple of hours.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
tell them to ignore it if it still occurs ill mute the person.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i wil ask politly not to and if they still spam ill mute them

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i will consult another admin so we can discuss wat we will do with him

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i will give akick but if they join again and hack ill consult another admin and we'll ban him

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
ill tell them not to do t any mor and tell the other play to learn the rules

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
ill tell them to stop and go kill someone else

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
ill mute them and kick them

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
tell them that its a scam so dont do it or u will be warned

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
bad luck

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: DeeBeeGee - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »
There are many grammatical errors throughout this application, I would suggest fixing them to clean your application up just a bit.

Other than that, I have nothing much else to tell you. Good luck in the coming week.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 06:52:33 PM »
I agree, but I also think you could of spent a little more time. It seems as if, you rushed this whole thing and some of the answers, just don't really sit well with the question. Might want to go back over it.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 07:36:29 PM »

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043796699

His SteamRep: https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198043796699 

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Strengths friendliness and market gardening. Weekness rage

Can you explain in further detail what causes this rage?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers? 
i will give akick but if they join again and hack ill consult another admin and we'll ban him

If someone is actually hacking, that is against the server rules and they should be terminated. Also, if you are an Admin yourself, you don't need to consult to anyone in this case.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
ill tell them not to do t any mor and tell the other play to learn the rules

But what if that player continues to lie to other players?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it? 
ill tell them to stop and go kill someone else

What would you do if they didn't stop?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
tell them that its a scam so dont do it or u will be warned

Scamming is also against the server rules. If you catch anyone in this act, you should ban them.

------------------------------

Well, there are plenty of spelling mistakes and concerning answers in this application.

As of writing this reply, he currently has 474 hours on record in Team Fortress 2, which is close to the minimal requirement.

Seriously, there needs to be some more time being put into this application, or I doubt that it will get accepted.

PS: I have suspicions that this individual lied about their age, as I heard them speak on the mic and they do not sound 16 years old, but I digress.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 08:42:30 AM »
Hello,

Please correct your grammatical errors contained within your application.

Hades

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 11:42:15 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You also did not bother to check up on your application after making the first reply, leaving questions unanswered.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.