• March 28, 2024, 01:08:18 PM

Author Topic: Corkboard - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4415 times)

Offline Corkboard

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Corkboard - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 03, 2021, 01:27:18 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Deathâ„¢

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
central

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have never been A admin anywhere i have never applied for one.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to hold this position So I could ban any users of hacks or aimbot, and Help any one with server commands, and  
I will mute any micspammers.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
50-60 hours a week.

B. On the forums?
10-20 hours or more.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
3-4 months.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://rep.tf/76561199014502300

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
No.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
When I lost emotions in a server I calmed my self for 2-3 mins and kept on playing, and or I called admin if they were breaking server rules.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
As a Strength I could Ban any Hackers, as another I could ban/ mute anyone that's making fun of any players. As weaknesses I would rather not talk about it

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would Ban Them for Being "Racist"

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask them questions as if "Why and or is it offending to you"

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I will mute them for 30-60 mins.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop and that those players should not know anything about it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would say "Hello i see you have reported [username] for speed hacking I will punish the player.
PS, Corkboard.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will say "Read the rules please or I will have to mute"

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Nothing I will just have to deal with it

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will mute/ban for profanity and insulting players.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will say "ok but you'll have to give the Godmode perk to he/her it or it will result in a ban

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will say "You have to deal with it, there is nothing you can do"

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Teleporting other players to a random spot in the map, slaying all players for no reason, making players fly, giving out free perks.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel really good so I can experience How it is to be a good admin and ban/mute the players for breaking server rules  

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Professional Child Wrangler
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Corkboard - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 11:41:41 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested, you may reapply in 3 months time. We encourage you to revise your application in that time.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme