• April 28, 2024, 10:35:38 PM

Author Topic: SwiftVegetable - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3282 times)

Offline [BUBA]Swift

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
SwiftVegetable - Game Server Admin Application
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:32:52 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I feel I want to contribute to this community more than I have been. This past month has been wonderful and I want to do whatever I can to help players enjoy the community as much as I have!

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
5-7 hours every day. I have to juggle a job as well as my studies; which are my top priority.

B. On the forums?
I will have the forums pulled up while I am in game as well as on my tablet, so that I can review posts even when I am unable to reach a computer.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have played on this community for approximately 4 1/2 weeks; counting the day I submit this application.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
| steamname: SwiftVegetable
|  steam3ID: [U:1:110402986]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:55201493
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070668714
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/V4Nd3tt4
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198070668714

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
It was a year ago, me and my Girlfriend of now 3 years were on a date; I won’t go into details about the date. In any case we decided to stop for lunch. A man approached us and grabbed her from behind; being the patient man I am I took her hand and pulled her from his grasp, she explained to the man that she was already in a relationship with me. The man did not back down however, only pushed me away and retook her. I am very protective of those I care about and I reacted on pure instinct, tackling the man to the ground and punching him until my girlfriend was able to pull me off. I will admit, it was not my finest moment; but I accepted the consequences of what I had done immediately after. I left the store as asked and the man was dealt with by store management.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths are as potent as my weaknesses. I am a very kind and caring person, I jump at the opportunity to make new friends and establish relationships; but it is that very trust that is my weakness. I am very trusting, giving that trust to people who most likely don’t deserve it at all. I have always been a firm believer in giving people the benefit of the doubt, which sometimes backfires on me.

Another strength of mine is I am unbiased. I want to hear both sides of the story before I make a sound decision when confronted with a problem; even then I would most likely need a 2nd unbiased opinion. This would also play into another of my weaknesses. When put under an extreme amount of pressure I tend to crack, forcing myself to separate from the issue entirely so I didn’t take it out others around me.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 4

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would inform the player that our community hosts a wide variety of players from all over the world, most of TF2 does; and that these comments were against our In-Game guidelines. I would issue a warning if another admin hasn’t already done so and ask that they refrain from making these comments on our servers. If this activity continues I would report this and temporarily ban or mute the player.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask the players what they found offensive about the remark, I would then ask for the person who made the remark to repeat what he/she said; If I or another admin see no problem with it I would tell them that what this person said did not violate the communities In-Game Guidelines and that I could not take action on something that was not breaking our rules; If this remark WAS offensive in nature and broke the In-Game Guidelines, I would issue a warning to this player and ask that he please refrain from using that kind of language on our servers, as well as tell the group of players to report this behavior next time with the report function so we could quickly resolve the issue.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give the Micspammer a warning. If they did not comply I would report this and most likely give a temporary ban or mute (Given this is a first time offense and that the server has a universal mute function). If this player continues to Micspam after the ban or mute has been lifted and a final warning has been set in place by me or another staff member. I would ban this player or permanently mute the player, not without consulting other staff members first.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would take screenshots and gather evidence of the abuse. Once I have enough evidence of the administrators’ abusive actions I would report this to the community leader (or whoever is above the admins.) and I would present them with my findings, once my report is made I would go about my duties as administrator.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would inform the player that we had a shop feature that offers a temporary speed boost for 60 seconds, I would then ask how long this had been going on. If it had been occurring for more than a 60 seconds I would confront the player who had been using the speed boost and ask them politely if they were hacking or if they were using the shops boost to do these things. If he/she answers honestly and says that he in fact was using a Speed Hack I would give him/her a warning and ask that he not do this again. If he does not comply with the warning I would report this and temporarily ban him for the offense.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would confront them if another administrator hasn’t already, I would explain that these rules exist nowhere in our guidelines and that they had no right to make up rules just so they could get their way. This would be their first warning. If this person did not comply with the warnings that were issued and continues to behave in this way, I would report this and temporarily ban the user.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would continue to play the game as if nothing was happening. After reviewing the rules I saw no rule against this kind of behavior, this is a frustrating situation; but it is nothing really severe, just because some players target me directly doesn’t mean I should get upset and ban them or something along those lines. I would continue playing the game, using this as a learning experience to help me better myself at TF2.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would first and foremost ask that the player calm down before explaining that if they didn’t like the way this server was ran that they were more than welcome to leave. From what I have come to understand, the admins of TF2SS strive to make the player experience as enjoyable as possible and with behavior like this it is hard for admins to do that. I would then ask that the player calmly continue to play and enjoy themselves, which would also be their first warning.

(Personal Note: I would probably help them if they were having trouble playing a certain class. I do coach from time to time)

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would immediately explain that any player can purchase GodMode for 30 seconds for a small amount of credits and that there was no need for someone to trade a free hat to this person, in any case there isn’t any way for a player to give GodMode to a single person on the server so this would immediately be classified as scamming. I would warn this player and ask that they stop asking for trades unless they had something to offer that was of equal value.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would explain that the perk doesn’t make one invincible, just harder to kill. If they had enough credits I would propose that they buy it again if they enjoyed using the perk and that they continue to enjoy themselves on the servers.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: SwiftVegetable - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:19:52 AM »
Hello,

At the time that I am writing this, I am unable to fully assess the application, but after looking it over briefly, I can tell you that it looks very well-done.

Good job.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: SwiftVegetable - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:06:43 AM »
Hello,

In order to begin the application process you must meet all of our prerequisites. Unfortunately you do not meet all of them: Minimum Hours requirement of 500 hours. At the current time of writing this post, you only have 160 hours in TF2. Since you do not have an alternate account, no additional hours can be added to your total game time.

Application Denied.

Hades