• April 26, 2024, 08:31:44 AM

Author Topic: magic conch shell - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3555 times)

Offline magic conch shell

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
magic conch shell - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:51:33 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
ysere

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
i was a manager for a diddams for a few months

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
my goal is to let people have fun if they want to (bosses, going under a map ,etc.)

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
2-3 hours maybe more

B. On the forums?
30 minutes - 1 hour

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
a little over a month

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
no

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/765661197999127745

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
dont have any

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
when i worked at a clothing store someone asked for the opposite shoe (because we would have one shoe out for display) and i went to the back where our warehouse was to get the other shoe. i went back to tell her that we did not happen to find the other shoe (sometime things get lost) then she went ballistic and threatened me that she would force my maneger to fire me and i started to cry because he actualy was going to fire me (and this was when i just got out of high school and was my first real job)

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
i am pretty kind to others

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 1
  • Perceptive: 3
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 6
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
tell him if he does not stop i will give him a warning that i will kick him off of the server

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
if the group of players want him to stop i can warn him/her that i can mute him

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
if im not enjoying the micspam or if noone else is enjoying it i will give him a warning that i will mute him

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i will report him to the website

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i will ban him

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
ill tell the threatener that he/she can not just make up rules

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
ill just try to ignore them

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
if enough people are annoyed by the player i will warn him that he will be muted

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i would tell other players that he is a scammer and i would give the player a warning that i will kick him if he does not stop

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
i would tell the player that he/she should buy another one if the player really wants to

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
admin abuse is useing perks constently to herass players

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
hard but worth it

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: magic conch shell - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 03:34:48 PM »

Thank you for your interest in applying at TF2SwapShop, however our guidelines state that you must not have a bad reputation on our servers. At the current time of this post's writing you have 1 gag and one mute. Unfortunately due to this, your application will have to be denied. To see a list of all of our guidelines, please see here: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0

You may re-apply after or on  03-20-17.

Application denied.

Thank you,
Hades