• March 19, 2024, 02:33:42 AM

Author Topic: Hoody - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Hoody

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Hoody - Game Server Admin Application
« on: January 04, 2020, 12:01:59 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
i know .psy but don't really talk to him

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
utc central time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
i was never an admin but thought i would try

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
just to look over people and be in a good community

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
on the weekends i'm open usually all day

B. On the forums?
i'm open all day on weekends

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
about 2 years

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
no not much i speak a little russian

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2F123erftu%2F

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
nope no alts

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
i tend to have semi short fuze but i can hold control for a while

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
i'm a good speaker and i'm friendly to people but one of my weaknesses is i can get agitated after constant annoyance

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 4
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 7

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i'd tell them to stop immediately then i would kick them out if they don't stop

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
i would say that this is the internet and they should learn to not be offended but i would tell the other person to tone it down a bit

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i would ask them politely to stop and if they didn't i would sever mute them

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
report them to the forms or otherwise tell them to stop

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would look into it and if there is enough evidence then its a ban and if there not hacking then they don't get banned

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
depending if they are a admin or not i'd tell them to stop fake being an admin

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
It happens to me a lot and i get frustrated but i usually calm down but every now and then i will lose it i'll admit i'm no saint

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
server mute them i have done this before but i have learned calmed down as of late

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
say that's not gonna happen and tell the proposer to stop spreading lies

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
it was a possibility and learn to accept that you might die

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
not doing anything if the situation requires it bans and kicks people for no reason

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
i'm new to the ordeal but i think i would like to be an admin

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Hoody - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 09:36:52 PM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:

• You cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted approximately within the last 6 months (exact duration depends on severity of the initial punishment).

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements.

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 09:41:47 PM by Lunarium »