• April 28, 2024, 04:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Hamtaro - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 10359 times)

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Hamtaro - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 13, 2015, 06:07:04 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
UTC-4:00

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
1-) Administrator of the Server Gumiland until it's shut down.

2-) Member of the Desert Storm [DS] Group as assistant (GTA San Andreas).

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
There have been moments in which server administrators aren't online, while I've been online. I may be able to cover those hours when other administrators aren't online.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I am usually most of the time on the servers, especially trade plazas when playing tf2.

B. On the forums?
I am on the forums rather often, though I am not logged in. Could say that I pass by daily at least once or twice checking new posts, but without replying much.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
If not mistaken, it has been almost a year soon. Cannot remember exact dates, but I can remember as far as when !friendly was overly exploitable.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198124890764

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I remember this once when I was on an mge server. It was a random player going heavy and taunting after killing. Was Irritating, but all I could do was battle him. Not really a fan of insulting others unless I'm offended.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I don't really like to consider myself a person with strengths, honestly feel arrogant. But I guess I don't really like to go calling people names and rather keep it to myself than just saying things.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Wouldn't waste time at warning them. If they keep at it and don't behave, I would ban them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
First of all, the remark has to make sense. Not something like as foolish as if saying the word "rock" meaning an insult to them. Considering players worldwide join these servers, I would be much more flexible since indeed there are things others will consider offensive that where we live wouldn't be considered offensive.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Would give them a warning. They keep a it, I kick them. If they join and keep doing it, the option of banning would be possible.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Would record, screenshot and save console logs. Afterwards, upload the documents and file a report on the forums.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Well considering the server offers on !shop the option of High Speed, I guess I'd have to wait and see if they keep buying it. In the case that they haven't bought it and are still going quickly, I would ban the player.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Would tell that person who's threatening that making false server rules are against the rules. If they don't care and keep going at it, I could kick them for false accusations.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Can't really do anything about it, but just handle the fact that they will kill me over and over. It's just a game after all. Won't lie, would be irritating, yet they are playing the game, that's all.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Don't really care about being insulted, used to it. If they are mad of the server, they can leave at any time, players aren't stopping them. If they were screaming and saying profanities though, warning and possibly muting/banning the player.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
This is obviously a scam attempt, they are not administrators and cannot use !shop to supply godmode to a player. Would warn them about saying such things, if they keep at it, I would ban them upon scam attempt.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
HHH's aren't immortal. If they died because of a player killing them or just someone buying slay, there isn't anything wrong about it. No further action is required.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:12:51 AM by Hamtaro »
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
I enjoyed reading this one, Good luck Man.

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Best of luck c:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:07:36 PM by -ᴛғ2ss-ღPeachieღ »
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Thanks guys. Yes, I said ban because even though I would be able to mute them many players would simply rejoin the server. This and also, because the server offers votemute (even if the votes are never accomplished).

Offline mia

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Thanks guys. Yes, I said ban because even though I would be able to mute them many players would simply rejoin the server. This and also, because the server offers votemute (even if the votes are never accomplished).
Welcome c:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:08:22 PM by -ᴛғ2ss-ღPeachieღ »
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
...even though I would be able to mute them many players would simply rejoin the server...

This is if they would keep at it (rejoining and re-spamming), unless they regain self control of their behavior.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:57:51 PM by Hamtaro »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Players who are muted/gagged are done so for their duration and can not stop it.

If you mute a player for 15 minutes, they can't get rid of it for 15 minutes. Regardless if they leave and come back.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
I don't understand why half of these, are just going straight to banning the player. Why not give them a few warnings and or muting/gagging? Instead of just banning them. As for I, wouldn't you ban them anyway? Because they're a scammer, which is not tolerated just as hackers aren't. I mean it's an alright application but, you might and probably will be questioned on some of these. Best of luck though c:
The reason we do bans a good amount is because kicking players isn't really enough. If you kick someone, they can come back in a few seconds whereas banning someone can range from 30 minutes to forever. Players who spam insults and such tend to be muted and gagged instead of banned. Sometimes it goes to the extent of being comm banned on our servers.

Anyway, I'm not bias since Ham is a friend of mine, but I like his application and his responses. By the way, if any other users look at this take note: you CANNOT plagerise someone's app as that will likely get you denied.
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Players who are muted/gagged are done so for their duration and can not stop it.

If you mute a player for 15 minutes, they can't get rid of it for 15 minutes. Regardless if they leave and come back.

Thanks for the information.

Offline mia

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Makes sense I suppose. Each to their own, then.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

Hopefully this information will help, in the later applications you make. This will help you as it helped me.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

Hopefully this information will help, in the later applications you make. This will help you as it helped me.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me, appreciate it. Indeed this information will help.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:

-Can you give us a link to the "Desert Storm" and "Gumiland" groups?

I don't understand why half of these, are just going straight to banning the player. Why not give them a few warnings and or muting/gagging? Instead of just banning them. As for I, wouldn't you ban them anyway? Because they're a scammer, which is not tolerated just as hackers aren't. I mean it's an alright application but, you might and probably will be questioned on some of these. Best of luck though c:

-Most of what I was going to say next.

--------------------

Suprisingly, there is not very much else to say. This is a decent application.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

-Can you give us a link to the "Desert Storm" and "Gumiland" groups?

This would be the Desert Storm website. desertstorm-gtaclan.privetbb.com

The first Gumiland group page was taken down due to server owner personal issues. After a few months, the owner created another Gumiland page which would be the following (unfortunately, it's activity ain't the best there is).
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GumilandServer

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Hamtaro - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 07:16:06 AM »
If you could please answer these additional questions.

• To your definition what is scamming?
  • To your definition what is sharking?
  • To your definition what is administrator abuse?
  • Someone on your friends list is breaking the rules, how do you respond/act. (Please include details as to your procedure)
  • Two administrators are arguing on the server disrupting other players, what do you do?

Hades