• March 28, 2024, 04:34:05 AM

Author Topic: Sol - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5049 times)

Offline "Gone"

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Sol - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:53:25 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Nothing really.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To watch over these servers, as I have for over 3 years.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Usually I'm on the whole day (9:00am to 9:00pm EST), unless I'm at work. So when I do work, it's around 4-5 hours I'm on (5:00pm to 9:00pm-10:00pm EST).

B. On the forums?
*again*Usually I'm on the whole day (9:00am to 9:00pm EST), unless I'm at work. So when I do work, it's around 4-5 hours I'm on (5:00pm to 9:00pm-10:00pm EST). So I'll probably check often.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
3 years.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198068338755

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have none.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
A time where I lost control: It was a couple years ago, I was at school, minding my own business, then some asshole that liked to bully me constantly, finally after a couple months of bullying me, he finally decided it was a good idea to fight me. Well, It wasn't really a good idea. That day, I was... Well you could say, pissed. I could've put him in the hospital. But, I didn't, when he threw the first punch into my jaw, I just looked at him with scorn. Instead of throwing a punch, I just looked at him. For a good 5 seconds. And he just stopped. Never decided to bully me again. I could've... But luckily I didn't. I just walked away.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I'm a really nice guy when you get to know me more. I love making others happy, I enjoy giving my friends gifts. But I really despise when others take advantage of me, I may get sour with people but not through speaking, but through TF2. I'm also very pessimistic. I also love messing with electronics. Basically I can be a really gentle person. If not provoked. :P (also very judgemental and shy.)

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 3
  • Creative: 1
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them politely to stop. I personally do not like racial slurs. And If they do not stop, I'd warn them, and if they do not listen, a kick, and if they join back and continue to do so, a temp ban (10-30 mins).

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Ask the person being offensive to play nice. If they don't stop, a kick or gag may be needed.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If it is nonsense they are speaking they will get muted for a small period of time(5-10 mins) If they continue, a kick/longer mute. If it is a DJ of some sort I will start a vote for people to answer yes or no to allow micspam.(With at least a vote of 70%.)

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Notify higher authority. Example: Knife.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Please explain how [username] is hacking so I may check if he really is, and if its a false report I'll ask them politely to use the !report command better next time. If it is a actual hacker and he stops hacking/leaves the game, I'll ask if the reporter if they had recorded a demo/evidence, and If they did, I'd ask them to send it to http://tf2swapshop.com/sourcebans/ so further action may be taken on the hacker.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them they can't be banned for (said reason) because they're not breaking TF2ss rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Get good.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
To calm down. If they don't I'll give a warning. Again, following a temp ban. 10-30 mins depending on the situation. And if they continue after the temp ban I'll notify another admin, to see what the punishment should be for continuing bad behavior. If not, a longer temp ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn them that scamming isn't allowed. Warn them. Following a kick.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
It's all fair, shop is free, after all.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:18:13 PM by Sol »

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Sol - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »
B. On the forums?
I'll check it often.

Could we be provided by an estimate of activity in time?

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them politely to stop. I personally do not like racial slurs.

What would you do if the person does not listen to you and continues to do racial slurs?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Ask the person being offensive to play nice.

And if they don't stop?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Make a vote if micspam should be heard or not.

What about if the player is just spamming gibberish and does not make sense at all? (This does not include if they were talking in another language) In the case it's music being played, what type of vote would you do?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Join the server that the report is coming from, and check if there is one, and if he is hacking, promptly ban them.

In the case that they aren't hacking, what would you tell the reporter/players?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Give them a warning if they do not stop. Then a kick.

What exactly would this warning consist of? (What's the warning about?)

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
To calm down. If they don't I'll give a warning. Again, following a temp ban. 10-30 mins depending on the situation.

If the player joins after the temporary ban has ended and resume their behavior, what would you do?

I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »
A lot of these answers seem to be lacking in detail. Please be sure to go back over everything, and answer them fully as best as you can.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline "Gone"

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 12:09:31 PM »
1) Usually I'm on the whole day (9:00am to 9:00pm EST), unless I'm at work. So when I do work, it's around 4-5 hours I'm on (5:00pm to 9:00pm-10:00pm EST).

2)I'd warn them, and if they do not listen, a kick, and if they join back and continue to do so, a temp ban (10-30 mins).

3)A kick or gag may be needed.

4)If it is nonsense they are speaking they will get muted for a small period of time(5-10 mins) If they continue, a kick/longer mute. If it is a DJ of some sort I will start a vote for people to answer yes or no to allow micspam.

5)Please explain how [username] is hacking so I may check if he really is, and if its a false report I'll ask them politely to use the !report command better next time.

6)Tell them they can't be banned for (said reason) because they're not breaking TF2ss rules.

7)Notify another admin, to see what the punishment should be for continuing bad behavior. If not, a longer temp ban.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 12:27:46 PM »
4)If it is nonsense they are speaking they will get muted for a small period of time(5-10 mins) If they continue, a kick/longer mute. If it is a DJ of some sort I will start a vote for people to answer yes or no to allow micspam.

In your personal opinion, what would the Yes % of votes need to be in order to allow the mic usage when it is a DJ and for how long?

5)Please explain how [username] is hacking so I may check if he really is, and if its a false report I'll ask them politely to use the !report command better next time.

(Assuming you will be trying to talk to the reporter) What would happen if the reported notices you are talking about him and decided to leave? Also, if they noticed you were an admin and they ceased their behavior (hacker, miscpammer, insulting and such) before you joined the server and could retrieve an source of evidence, what action would you take towards them?

Offline "Gone"

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 12:43:08 PM »
1)At least 70% of the votes, the majority of the people.

2)Ask if the reporter if they had recorded a demo/evidence, and If they did, I'd ask them to send it to http://tf2swapshop.com/sourcebans/ so further action may be taken on the hacker.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 12:47:46 PM »
Very well. Thank you for answering the questions. Will post more questions if anything.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »
Can you speak any other languages besides English?

Offline "Gone"

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 02:31:13 PM »
Well, I can speak Spanish, but I'd rather not.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
Good luck buddy!
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »
For #11, could you go into more detail of what exactly makes you "rage" in the first place? As for #12, what are your strengths? I'm only getting the impression that anger is your weakness from your response.
AFK like JFK

Offline "Gone"

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »
11)People who are disrespectful, rude and mean.(Sometimes ignorance) But that's more so irl. In game, anger through killing.

12)I'm a really nice guy when you get to know me more. I love making others happy, I enjoy giving my friends gifts. But I really despise when others take advantage of me, I may get sour with people but not through speaking, but through TF2. I'm also very pessimistic. I also love messing with electronics.

Basically I can be a really gentle person. If not provoked. :P (also very judgemental)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:58:20 PM by Sol »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 05:17:16 PM »
Thanks for the details.
AFK like JFK

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »
Can you explain the following discrepancies in your playtime hours?

Playtime (hours):
164.2 last two weeks
183.74 on record

It seems you've gained all of your hours in the last two weeks?...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 06:05:16 PM »
Can you explain the following discrepancies in your playtime hours?

Playtime (hours):
164.2 last two weeks
183.74 on record

It seems you've gained all of your hours in the last two weeks?...

I would like to answer this one. You see, when players reset their stats, the actual playtime hours is also reset along with the stats. If you look at his individual class hours, they will add up to his "playtime hours." I looked at my friend's stats, she had 6600+ hours but only had 583 playtime hours because she reset her stats a few months ago. Hope that clears up this mess.
AFK like JFK