• April 22, 2024, 11:32:43 PM

Author Topic: My Current Rhetoric, Jeremiad, Encouragement and Apologies to SwapShop  (Read 23399 times)

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: My Current Rhetoric, Jeremiad, Encouragement and Apologies to SwapShop
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 07:46:03 PM »
It's my turn to talk the truth. Will be brief as well.

Almost every admin is not being active at forums. I can count with my fingers the active admins at forums.

Regardless of them taking reports and addressing issues at forums, as an admin you're required to be active at forums. I'm not saying to be 24/7, many work and/or study, but to at least see the forums once a week would be nice without the need of notifying them.

As for Psy's question and frankly speaking, the option has been offered, awaiting an answer.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 08:12:48 PM »
I'm just going to put a quick post here:
Having a lazy staff that only comes on servers to use perks is going to make other players assume that admins are not that important and only do cool things. It will just cause a constant chain of players making good applications to get in just to occasionally talk in the group chat and dick around. However, having a small staff that actually works will have players assume that being an admin is a serious business. This will probably make most applications more serious and less of the, "fake" ones (as I like to call them) be posted. Not to mention the lack luster effort put into applications. Why? It's because they think it's an easy job. I also really suggest that the forums are actually advertised. I can't stress this enough. Most people hardly even know where to apply unless they ask another admin. They have no idea that there is a forum when they apply, probably causing most of the inactivity and lifelessness on here in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:15:02 PM by C-poe »
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 08:44:27 PM »
The Head Admins seem to know the issue like everyone else. The question is, what are they going to do about it?

Are they going to start cutting down on these people or are we going to have this discussion again after Christmas?

I agree. My reaction to this post:
https://youtu.be/SNvDUO42Hys?t=8m50s

It's my turn to talk the truth. Will be brief as well.

Almost every admin is not being active at forums. I can count with my fingers the active admins at forums.

Regardless of them taking reports and addressing issues at forums, as an admin you're required to be active at forums. I'm not saying to be 24/7, many work and/or study, but to at least see the forums once a week would be nice without the need of notifying them.

As for Psy's question and frankly speaking, the option has been offered, awaiting an answer.

I hope it goes through. I also hope the administrators become more active. I hope to assume this admin forum activity includes activity on the public boards.

I'm just going to put a quick post here:
Having a lazy staff that only comes on servers to use perks is going to make other players assume that admins are not that important and only do cool things. It will just cause a constant chain of players making good applications to get in just to occasionally talk in the group chat and dick around. However, having a small staff that actually works will have players assume that being an admin is a serious business. This will probably make most applications more serious and less of the, "fake" ones (as I like to call them) be posted. Not to mention the lack luster effort put into applications. Why? It's because they think it's an easy job. I also really suggest that the forums are actually advertised. I can't stress this enough. Most people hardly even know where to apply unless they ask another admin. They have no idea that there is a forum when they apply, probably causing most of the inactivity and lifelessness on here in the first place.

Heyo! Finally! Someone said it! I've been holding off on that suggestion. I've been waiting for someone else to bring it up. I'm glad someone may have read my posts, or rather, my plea. :D I'm glad someone else also sees the lack of membership on these forums as an issue. I won't even talk about the whole "Topic that Should Not Be Named" issue too... That was a disaster for me and SwapShop. :P But it does sort of relate to the "deadness" of the forums.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:47:42 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 09:01:57 PM »
There are many ways to describe the situation but as for a final decision. We already lack the activity on application and forums and by ultimately firing people is like are ban policy which is restored to very last. We have a option we head admins feel is best for everyone this doesn't mean all voices will be heard in voting.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:16:00 PM by Strum™ »
counter sally strike go

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 09:08:06 PM »
There are many ways to describe the situation but as for a final decision. We already lack the activity on application and forums and by ultimately firing people is like are ban policy which is restored to very last. We have a option we head admins feel is best for everyone this doesn't mean all voices will be heard in voting. But for now the final decision is we the head admins will make the last word in application accepting but all voiced option will be taken into account with all interest.
Hey, buddy. I think you've posted in the wrong topic. :P I'll help ya out:
http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=2100.msg13652#new

You might also wanna re-read your paragraph after a little break. ;)

Here's your nightly dose of random Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feUSTS21-8
~

Offline murts

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 09:13:21 PM »
There are many ways to describe the situation but as for a final decision. We already lack the activity on application and forums and by ultimately firing people is like are ban policy which is restored to very last. We have a option we head admins feel is best for everyone this doesn't mean all voices will be heard in voting. But for now the final decision is we the head admins will make the last word in application accepting but all voiced option will be taken into account with all interest.

Both threads consist of this topic so doesn't really matter which one it's in.
counter sally strike go

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »

However, both topics consists two different grand subjects. It does matter. 8) It's not that big of a deal to mess up. You don't need to make a poor point to justify a small mistake. Now we're both silly for making these posts. :D See what we've done?

Back to our regular program:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcOlyNXOxRE
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:19:53 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline murts

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »

However, both topics consists two different grand subjects. It does matter. 8) It's not that big of a deal to mess up. You don't need to make a poor point to justify a small mistake. Now we're both silly for making these posts. :D See what we've done?

Though this is true it probably would be best to say it all leads to the same thing regardless of threads. :)
counter sally strike go

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2016, 09:27:38 PM »

Though this is true it probably would be best to say it all leads to the same thing regardless of threads. :)
Depends on what the "same thing" is in your eyes. That and this thread isn't meant to converge into what's hi-jacking it. It's still welcomed, though. So, eh. I'm not complain'. Didn't I write that before? :P
~

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2016, 09:28:52 PM »
Let's just stop this quote-reply and get back on the main topic without sidetracking, TF2SS's current state.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline murts

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »
Considering your first post was about the community and such it isn't restricted to what is posted. Furthermore this could go on and on so I'll be stopping this back and forth bickering c:

counter sally strike go

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 09:32:56 PM »
Considering your first post was about the community and such it isn't restricted to what is posted. Furthermore this could go on and on so I'll be stopping this back and forth bickering c:

Ya can't get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you'll find you get what you need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7leQB_Oe_k

Let's just stop this quote-reply and get back on the main topic without sidetracking, TF2SS's current state.

Agreed. The forums need more members by advertising and lazy admins need to be demoted. I believe the forum site is actually advertised at the top left hand corner of the in-game HUD. I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't notice it. I think the chat also advertises it. At this rate we may have to be more effective at catching people's eyes. In addition, it doesn't hurt to just spread the word. ;) If any of the demoted admins use the forums actively, then we'll have some more active members. For so long, though... The hope is that they're encouraged and compelled to be dedicated.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:58:07 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2016, 09:58:34 PM »
The forums are advertised. There is a huge white text bubble on every player's screen that says www.tf2swapshop.com. I don't understand how people don't see it. Sometimes I wish I couldn't.

Also, I know my opinion is very dynamic, but please do consider the pros of having a larger staff. A larger staff allows more time zone acceptance. A larger staff allows there to be a higher chance that an admin is playing on a server and is creating a good time. I loved playing with admins back before I had become one. More admins build a stronger community.

I am definitely for reducing the administration count, but before everyone jumps on that train, do consider the pros and cons.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »
The forums are advertised. There is a huge white text bubble on every player's screen that says www.tf2swapshop.com. I don't understand how people don't see it. Sometimes I wish I couldn't.

Also, I know my opinion is very dynamic, but please do consider the pros of having a larger staff. A larger staff allows more time zone acceptance. A larger staff allows there to be a higher chance that an admin is playing on a server and is creating a good time. I loved playing with admins back before I had become one. More admins build a stronger community.

I am definitely for reducing the administration count, but before everyone jumps on that train, do consider the pros and cons.

~16

Thank you for being straight-forward and honest, Sixteen. This is pretty insightful. I agree with you in a lot of regards. Having more admins brings a lot of pros and cons to the table. The biggest problem for me is, well, we don't have the members we need. Though, I can see your point and I feel the same way about the forums. They're in such a wreck that I wouldn't want to see that website name in the top left hand corner if I were still playing TF2... The text at the top obviously isn't effective. SwapShop may have to resort to more annoying methods to catch people's attention. :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:47:53 PM by Lord Waldemart »
~

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2016, 10:37:12 PM »
Admins shouldn't just be there for filler.

Admins shouldn't just be there to provide fun.

Admins should be there to maintain order and help keep the servers clean and friendly.

I will also go back to my previous suggestion on another thread (or was it this one?) where I said that you guys should keep the applications OPEN. If newer staff members prove to be more capable and active for the job, FIRE the OLD staff members. SwapShop seems to be too sentimental with keeping staff members as if they were trophies hanging on shelves.

Did anything go bad when I left? No..
Did anything change when Zeta left? No..
Did anything really change SwapShop when Knife left? Well, we got different head admin(s) and some rules were changed, but generally speaking, no...

Stop keeping those "cool and chill" staff members who don't do shit.

There's a few new ones that I promoted before I left that are dead as fuck. Anyone who checks the dates on the News will know who I'm talking about.
AFK like JFK